fxlakh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Guys,
I have applied to Keele University this year for the masters. I was wondering who else is planning to study here? x
Last edited by fxlakh; 1 month ago
C.lacey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, I received an unconditional offer here last year to start this September x
fxlakh
Rep:
?
Oh wow congratulations, an unconditional offer is amazing! Did you take a gap year last year? x
C.lacey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I’ve been working as a dental nurse for the past year and wanted a change, I love working in healthcare so I’m so excited to start in September. How’s your uni process going? x
fxlakh
Rep:
?
Dental nursing is a good way to get some experience in healthcare It's ok but extremely stressful even though we are not doing exams. Physiotherapy seems like a very rewarding and practical job which I feel I would love! I just thought it's nice to make some friends and see who else is joining the same uni as me tbh as uni is a very different experience for everyone I think.
fxlakh
Rep:
?
Do you live nearby to the uni and are you hoping to live on campus? x
C.lacey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fxlakh)
Do you live nearby to the uni and are you hoping to live on campus? x
I live nearby so only a half an hour drive away, I’d love to live on campus though as I feel you get more of a uni experience, I still need to decide. What about you x
Last edited by C.lacey; 1 month ago
fxlakh
Rep:
?
I live about an hour away and hoping to drive to uni every day. I know it would be better to live on campus but I don't think I could live away from the family tbh x
(I hope I'm not asking too many personal questions ) Are you nervous about the whole uni experience?
C.lacey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m the same! I’m so close to my sisters, I don’t think I could live away either. Because physiotherapy is something I’m so interested in I’m not nervous about the course, I’m more nervous about things like placement. Are you nervous about anything? Xx
fxlakh
Rep:
?
Yes placements definitelyyy! I kinda overthink about the social aspect of Uni as I want to make some really good friends who like to have a fun time but also are dedicated to their work if you get me x You sound like a confident person so I'm sure you won't find it hard to make some friends!
C.lacey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Me too! I really hope I make friends. Did you say you were starting the masters course or the 4 years physiotherapy course? x
fxlakh
Rep:
?
The 4 year one- the integrated masters. What about you x
C.lacey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yess same! Did you apply recently, have you heard anything back yet? X
fxlakh
Rep:
?
I applied this academic year. Yes I got a conditional offer! Oooo we can be friends!! It's been cool talking to you. (I hope I don't sound creepy hahaha) x Its highly likely that I will put Keele as my firm choice, to be honest! What about you x
C.lacey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely! It’s been so nice speaking to you too, yes I’ve already accepted Keele as my firm choice, I’ve sorted all my finance out as well now so I’m just waiting on what to do next. I’m sure these next couple of months will fly by haha x
fxlakh
Rep:
?
You are soo organised! How are you going to spend summer?
C.lacey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve got a holiday booked in Mallorca, end of August. Kinda risky but I really wanted a break away after I’ve finished my job and before I start uni haha. You got any plans? x
fxlakh
Rep:
?
Nothing too exciting as we have just moved house so it's been taking up a lot of time. I'm probably gonna go around places in the UK tbh. I can't wait for sixth form to be over in 2 weeks and then I can chill and maybe find a summer job
C.lacey
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh wow you must be busy! Yesss good idea for the summer! Also which other universities did you apply to, any that you were really interested in other than Keele? x
fxlakh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
To be honest I wanted to get into Nottingham but I got rejected Not going to lie I did feel very upset but I've gotten over it now hahaha. What about you? x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (151)
43.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise