The Student Room Group

Can UCL withdraw my offer because I request home fees?

UCL has given me the overseas fee status with my offer,
so I asked for the questionnaire because I should qualify for home fees,
but now I'm worried, would they revoke the offer because of me requesting different fees?
The course I applied for is pretty competitive (BSc Computer Science) and I worked really hard to get the grades so I would be heartbroken, what should I do? Call them?
I don't think they can revoke an offer for that reason. Also there is no quota for home Vs international students for non-NHS courses in England so I don't see there is any issue in that regard.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
I don't think they can revoke an offer for that reason. Also there is no quota for home Vs international students for non-NHS courses in England so I don't see there is any issue in that regard.

Thanks for the answer, that's a relief!
Reply 3
Bump to see if anyone has some more info on what I should do,

Should I accept the offer as is with international fees and then wait for the questionnaire,
Or should I wait for their decision first?
Can they really not withdraw an offer because I change my fee status?
And what about student finance, since the 20th of may deadline is approaching?

Sorry about all the questions but this situation is making me really anxious
Reply 4
UCL has given me an offer for BSc Comp Sci, but they set my fees as international (when I'm pretty sure I should have home fees),

I've asked for a questionnaire over two weeks ago but got no answers,

Can they withdraw an offer because I change my fee status?

Should I accept the offer as is with international fees and then wait for the questionnaire,

Sorry about all the questions but this situation is making me really anxious and there is no way I would be able to afford international fees
Original post by lomqer
Bump to see if anyone has some more info on what I should do,

Can they really not withdraw an offer because I change my fee status?

Sorry about all the questions but this situation is making me really anxious

You might be best ringing admissions, they should be able to tell you whether to go ahead and accept or they can start the process of correcting it before you do.
You already asked this here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7017821

Please don't post the same thread repeatedly, or crosspost it in different forums.

There is no deadline for student finance except to be certain you will get the entire thing processed before you start. Whether you apply for SFE funding on the 20th of May or the 20th of September won't change what funding you will get, just when it will be paid.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by artful_lounger
You already asked this here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7017821

Please don't post the same thread repeatedly, or crosspost it in different forums.

There is no deadline for student finance except to be certain you will get the entire thing processed before you start. Whether you apply for SFE funding on the 20th of May or the 20th of September won't change what funding you will get, just when it will be paid.

Sorry for the cross-post, I wasn't sure if I used the correct forum the other time,
I'm fine if mods want to delete the less fitting thread, I won't make any more threads on this topic
Original post by lomqer
UCL has given me an offer for BSc Comp Sci, but they set my fees as international (when I'm pretty sure I should have home fees),

I've asked for a questionnaire over two weeks ago but got no answers,

Can they withdraw an offer because I change my fee status?

Sorry about all the questions but this situation is making me really anxious and there is no way I would be able to afford international fees

Have you applied for student finance? If SFE award you maintenance loans then that will simplify your fee assessment

You don’t need to have firmed an offer to apply for finance and you should NOT delay applying for finance because you haven’t picked a firm. Just put your best guess about which university and course you’ll be studying.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
Have you applied for student finance? If SFE award you maintenance loans then that will simplify your fee assessment

You don’t need to have firmed an offer to apply for finance and you should NOT delay applying for finance because you haven’t picked a firm. Just put your best guess about which university and course you’ll be studying.

I didn't plan to take out the maintenance loan, just the tuition fees one, so I haven't applied yet

Thanks for the advice, I'll apply for the loan as soon as I can without waiting for uni decision

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending