The Student Room Group

How do I make sure I don't make her uncomfortable?

I want to talk to this girl I see every day almost. But I don't want her to feel uncomfortable or come off as a desperate perv, I really want to get to know her. Is there a way to approach her without making her uncomfortable??
What context do you see her in - at work, school, uni...? If it’s literally in the street it’s hard to do that without being a bit odd :tongue:

I’d pick a quiet moment and just say something like, “hi, I’m X, sorry this might be a bit weird but I see you around - what’s your name” Even if it doesn’t work, you’ve been polite and not said anything that could be misinterpreted.
Original post by Anonymous
I want to talk to this girl I see every day almost. But I don't want her to feel uncomfortable or come off as a desperate perv, I really want to get to know her. Is there a way to approach her without making her uncomfortable??

If you see her often and share a social setting with them (e.g. school or work, or even friends) then perhaps introducing yourself would be a great start! You could start by saying: "Hi, I'm (name). I've seen you before, and I just wanted to introduce myself because you seem really great. What's your name?"

If that goes well, then give her your number on a note. This is GREAT as it doesn't pressure her to give you her number, and it gives her the option to contact you if she feels the same way about getting to know you!

Hope this helps, and good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending