The Student Room Group

who works at mcdonald's?

Hi so i had an interview at mcdonalds and got the job, however i've been given 5 steps and i had to make an 'ourlounge' account which i did and it was accepted 24 hrs later, however before i can start my first shift i have to complete mystuff and its not letting me log in, an error 106 keeps coming up, ive emailed the manager and hes said its because ive not completed all the steps given to me but i have completed as much as im able to and im not able to log in to mystuff to complete it. So i replied with that and hes just ignoring me, it's been 72 hours today and still no mcdonalds id, what shall i do? i need the job... thanks
Nope. That's done. He's not helping you. You said you did as much as you "could." Meaning what. You are capable and required to do it all and within the designated time frame.

The manager isn't HR or the owner or the third party service that powers and runs that payroll account you cant log into. You most likely are getting confused somewhere with the onboarding tasks or website. It's a shame but unless you figure it out or the manager goes the extra mile to ring up the admins at that Ourlounge site to clear you, idk what can be done. Plus it's McDonald's and staff there is highly replaceable. Especially staff that's not even in the system such as yourself. That onboarding stuff is a real pain!!! Try the passcode. Try the username. Scroll through the tasks and make sure you did everything.

Btw I've never worked in food service but I have had several corporate positions that required digital onboarding and I can imagine the situation.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Nope. That's done. He's not helping you. You said you did as much as you "could." Meaning what. You are capable and required to do it all and within the designated time frame.

The manager isn't HR or the owner or the third party service that powers and runs that payroll account you cant log into. You most likely are getting confused somewhere with the onboarding tasks or website. It's a shame but unless you figure it out or the manager goes the extra mile to ring up the admins at that Ourlounge site to clear you, idk what can be done. Plus it's McDonald's and staff there is highly replaceable. Especially staff that's not even in the system such as yourself. That onboarding stuff is a real pain!!! Try the passcode. Try the username. Scroll through the tasks and make sure you did everything.

Btw I've never worked in food service but I have had several corporate positions that required digital onboarding and I can imagine the situation.

i'm confused though because it says i'm meant to have received an email in 48-72 hours and i still haven't regarding my mcdonalds id, who would send my mcdonalds id?
Original post by fs-033
i'm confused though because it says i'm meant to have received an email in 48-72 hours and i still haven't regarding my mcdonalds id, who would send my mcdonalds id?

You said you can't even log in. Did you do everything they say you're supposed in order to receive that email...?
Reply 4
You said you can't even log in. Did you do everything they say you're supposed in order to receive that email...?

yeah i can log into ourlounge perfectly fine, when i'm in ourlounge i try and go into fred/my stuff but then it says that the manager hasn't given me authorisation to enter the mystuff bit and an error 106 comes up..'The social account you're using isn't pre-approved for login. Make sure you're using the correct account pre-approved by your manager.'
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by fs-033
yeah i can log into ourlounge perfectly fine, when i'm in ourlounge i try and go into fred/my stuff but then it says that the manager hasn't given me authorisation to enter the mystuff bit and an error 106 comes up..'The social account you're using isn't pre-approved for login. Make sure you're using the correct account pre-approved by your manager.'

..so then you can't log in.

Right, that means you didn't do everything. Go look and see if you did everything.

...i came in this thread for fast food banter but I find a human resources issue instead lol I'm out.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
..so then you can't log in.

Right, that means you didn't do everything. Go look and see if you did everything.

...i came in this thread for fast food banter but I find a human resources issue instead lol I'm out.

I got given 5 steps,
step 1: watch a video (done)
step 2: create an account (done)
step 3:Within 48-72 hours you will receive confirmation that your McDonald's account has been created. You will receive two emails. (I haven't received any emails)
step 4: complete my stuff / fred (Its not letting me)
step 5: provide evidence of eligibility to work (done and approved)

how can i complete step 3 and 4 if they haven't sent me any emails or if they're not allowing me to log in...
Original post by fs-033
I got given 5 steps,
step 1: watch a video (done)
step 2: create an account (done)
step 3:Within 48-72 hours you will receive confirmation that your McDonald's account has been created. You will receive two emails. (I haven't received any emails)
step 4: complete my stuff / fred (Its not letting me)
step 5: provide evidence of eligibility to work (done and approved)

how can i complete step 3 and 4 if they haven't sent me any emails or if they're not allowing me to log in...

Not being funny but look at step 3 again. You're trying step 4 but you haven't done step 3 yet. They probably decided against even hiring you because your op stated in 24 hrs you were approved but you need to wait 72 for the email. That means email after 73 hours asking for the email. Not before. In food service they don't expect nor respect determination so I wouldn't be surprised if they hire someone else. Unless of course you're just overreacting and it hasn't been 72 hours yet.
Reply 8
Not being funny but look at step 3 again. You're trying step 4 but you haven't done step 3 yet. They probably decided against even hiring you because your op stated in 24 hrs you were approved but you need to wait 72 for the email. That means email after 73 hours asking for the email. Not before. In food service they don't expect nor respect determination so I wouldn't be surprised if they hire someone else. Unless of course you're just overreacting and it hasn't been 72 hours yet.

you're a bit of a weirdo and btw you aren't funny it's really cringe how you try and act mean when in reality it's just a fail lmao
hi did you end up getting the email for step 3 and after how long? because ive also done steps 1 and 2 and its been just over 72 hours now and i havnt gotten any of the emails.
I’m in exactly the same situation lol. It’s been 4 days (now 96 hours) and I’ve heard nothing from them nor received either of the two emails.
Original post by fs-033
Hi so i had an interview at mcdonalds and got the job, however i've been given 5 steps and i had to make an 'ourlounge' account which i did and it was accepted 24 hrs later, however before i can start my first shift i have to complete mystuff and its not letting me log in, an error 106 keeps coming up, ive emailed the manager and hes said its because ive not completed all the steps given to me but i have completed as much as im able to and im not able to log in to mystuff to complete it. So i replied with that and hes just ignoring me, it's been 72 hours today and still no mcdonalds id, what shall i do? i need the job... thanks

DM
Original post by Azzyfur
I’m in exactly the same situation lol. It’s been 4 days (now 96 hours) and I’ve heard nothing from them nor received either of the two emails.

Check spam?
Original post by Doomotron
Check spam?

Have, unfortunately nothing there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending