The Student Room Group

What happened to mighty England?

Old England used to be such a mighty land; we ruled the world, colonised all of the best lands, and English people were the most intelligent and self-supporting people around.

Now, the population is diluted with weird people from foreign lands; people rely on the government for things like healthcare, and more than 30% of people depend on the government for half of their income.

We rule nothing except a small damp Island, and won't even rule that if the EU gets its way, and people bitch on endlessly about a 'credit crunch'.

We used to have beautiful, unspoilt countryside, where kings and princes would go hunting, but now we have sprawling, crime ridden council estates for the poor.

Where did it all go wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
America stepped in. :wink:
Reply 2
People with your views were born.
ms500
Old England used to be such a mighty land; we ruled the world, colonised all of the best lands, and English people were the most intelligent and self-supporting people around.

Now, the population is diluted with weird people from foreign lands; people rely on the government for things like healthcare, and more than 30% of people depend on the government for half of their income.

We rule nothing except a small damp Island, and won't even rule that if the EU gets its way, and people bitch on endlessly about a 'credit crunch'.

We used to have beautiful, unspoilt countryside, where kings and princes would go hunting, but now we have sprawling, crime ridden council estates for the poor.

You, Ms, need a history book. And fast. 400 years ago Britain was in the same state that Africa is in today.
Reply 4
Population "diluted with weird people from foreign lands"? Maybe it "all went wrong" when people started thinking things like this.
Amanda

Agreed. We need to rebuild the British Empire and take over America again.
Liberalism, also immigration.
ms500
We used to have beautiful, unspoilt countryside

We still do, if you know where to look.
America stole our place of tranquility and called it New England.
ms500

All I can say is

1)Oh really
3)Oh dear
Reply 10
Phil2008

That would definitely be interesting to see.
Reply 11
Hygge
Population "diluted with weird people from foreign lands"? Maybe it "all went wrong" when people started thinking things like this.

Bullseye! 100% Agreed. :cool:
Seven_Three
Liberalism, also immigration.

:wtf?: British history is the history of successive waves of immigrants Mr BNP.
Reply 13
Amanda

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the decline of England's world influence, but also about the internal decline in the quality of people that live here.
Reply 14
Phil2008

Shhh! Amanda is from the US, I think she meant it in a good way!! LOL :p:
Reply 15
Mozzi
Shhh! Amanda is from the US, I think she meant it in a good way!! LOL :p:

Hehe, mayyyyybeeeeeeee! :biggrin:
Democracy
:wtf?: British history is the history of successive waves of immigrants Mr BNP.

GO AND CHECK YOUR ******* FACTS. I'VE BEEN OVER THIS SO MANY ******* TIMES IT IS UNREAL.

I swear down I would think you were a troll if I didnt think you were too unimaginative for that.

Your history is a history of successive waves of talking ****.
Reply 17
So, people cannot come over here to live and work, but it was ok for us to invade and take over other countries?! Riiiiight.... :s-smilie:
Reply 18
ms500
You're missing the point, this isn't just about the decline of England's world influence, but also about the internal decline in the quality of people that live here.

Ehh, I'll leave that up to you guys! lol
Reply 19
ms500

Are you actually kidding me?

Are you actually kidding me?

Latest

Trending

Trending