The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
button8
And why only from Europe?

That's where white people originate from, duh.
Reply 181
ms500
They should have thought of that in the first place before they had children they couldn't afford. It is NOT the job of the state to pick up the pieces.

I'd also like to make it clear that I'm too middle-class to support the BNP, National Front etc. The Conservatives are too soft though, so I feel unrepresented :frown:

So it's basically an excercise in trying to make poor people suffer for enjoying sex or for having enjoyable jobs that don't earn masses of money?
Reply 182
IntensityIntegrityIntell
Why white? Do you know our Latitude? We aren't at the equator lol!

Europe is where all our people came from. We are an island!
So you'd ban Aussies then?
IntensityIntegrityIntell
White people who have emigrated from europe to our Island before we entered the EU

I may not be white, but I was born in Britain, I've lived here my entire life, my parents are British and I consider myself British too.
What would you make of me?
Veil of Maya
Haha you actually seriously believe that? Seriously???

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day :biggrin:

Can I ask, when was the last time you ate an Indian/Thai meal? The last time you ate a pizza perhaps? Or had a Dutch/German/Indian/Austrian beer?

You want doctors, lawyers, accountants, civil servants, architects, care workers etc. all to leave based on the account of the fact they have a different skin colour to you? Just so you can live in a land where everyone has the same colour skin?

I wonder if you agree with all the BNP's policies? Economically being left of centre, believing in capital punishment and the making of homosexuality illegal? If you do, the KKK has membership signup on the internet I hear.

On second thoughts you might be a troll, congrats if thats a case, you look pretty convincing next to seven_three.

ITT we use lies, superlatives and insults to hide our lack of rational opinion and judgement.

Spoiler

jamlan

Are you joking?

Aussies (not the indigineous peoples) are as european as Britain
Reply 186
jamlan

My god, how dumb are you?

Australians all originate from Britain / Europe.
I'm going to come to the OP's aid here, because she bloody well needs it. Unfortunately, the views are presented in a bigoted and BNPesque manner. I think instead of wasting everyone's time by slating the OP, we should look to address issues that she (perhaps inadvertantly) raises.

What happened to national pride? Any citizen of the UK can feel patriotic, and should. Black, white, mixed or others are all British these days, and as has been pointed out, the success of our nation over the past millenium is due in part to our bastard nature. Britain is a great country, we should never forget this. We can moan about congestion charges and income tax etc 'till the cows come home, but we should be proud of our country and its achievments. We're a tiny island, yet have in the past controlled 3/4 of the known world. People say we shouldn't be bogged down by nostalgia, but we must remember such glory. Albion, the archaic term for Britain, invokes such pride in me as a descendant of ancesters who perhaps played a part in establishing Britain's greatness. To be regarded as the USA's strongest ally, despite our size, is phenomenal. We are the strongest power in the world in terms of land mass and population. The fact that immigration is booming is a compliment to the steady, responsible and glorious nature of our country. It is not detrimental to society.

The greatest paradox is that immigrants seem to have a greater love for Britain than existing citizens do. Sort this out. Have some pride, fellas.
Witty Username
I may not be white, but I was born in Britain, I've lived here my entire life, my parents are British and I consider myself British too.
What would you make of me?

I would allow you to stay. :yep:
Reply 189
IntensityIntegrityIntell
Why white? Do you know our Latitude? We aren't at the equator lol!

Europe is where all our people came from. We are an island!

If you are going by latitude, would you include the inuit tribes of Canada?

"People" came from Africa.
IntensityIntegrityIntell
White people who have emigrated from europe to our Island before we entered the EU

Lol, that makes no sense.

SO you can ONLY be British if your ancestors emigrated to Britain before 1973. From this point on you can -NEVER- be British?

This is why you are a troll.
Reply 191
ms500

The ones born in Australia are not from Europe, hence they would not be allowed here as they are not "from Europe"
Reply 192
jonnosonly1864
I'm going to come to the OP's aid here, because she bloody well needs it. Unfortunately, the views are presented in a bigoted and BNPesque manner. I think instead of wasting everyone's time by slating the OP, we should look to address issues that she (perhaps inadvertantly) raises.

What happened to national pride? Any citizen of the UK can feel patriotic, and should. Black, white, mixed or others are all British these days, and as has been pointed out, the success of our nation over the past millenium is due in part to our bastard nature. Britain is a great country, we should never forget this. We can moan about congestion charges and income tax etc 'till the cows come home, but we should be proud of our country and its achievments. We're a tiny island, yet have in the past controlled 3/4 of the known world. People say we shouldn't be bogged down by nostalgia, but we must remember such glory. Albion, the archaic term for Britain, invokes such pride in me as a descendant of ancesters who perhaps played a part in establishing Britain's greatness. To be regarded as the USA's strongest ally, despite our size, is phenomenal. We are the strongest power in the world in terms of land mass and population. The fact that immigration is booming is a compliment to the steady, responsible and glorious nature of our country. It is not detrimental to society.

The greatest paradox is that immigrants seem to have a greater love for Britain than existing citizens do. Sort this out. Have some pride, fellas.

I used to be proud of how great we once were, of how we ruled the waves etc. But at the moment I am studying colonialism, which is really making me re-think my views. Our empire wasn't as great as it is made out to have been.
What is the point in debating ldn? You will never change your mind.
(edited 4 years ago)
jamlan
The ones born in Australia are not from Europe, hence they would not be allowed here as they are not "from Europe"

He's also forgetting the aborigines :awesome:
Seven_Three
ITT we use lies, superlatives and insults to hide our lack of rational opinion and judgement.

Spoiler

You'd be the expert at that from what I've seen.
The BNP won't build up any empire, they're non-interventionist and have a practically isolationist foreign policy.

Oh dear :h:
Reply 197
SomeNextPirate
He's also forgetting the aborigines :awesome:
I'm wondering whether my cousins, born in Bermuda to two English people, would be allowed to visit me here. That's what i'm really worried about!
Reply 198
jonnosonly1864

No, that wasn't my point. The country has gone to the dogs and is nothing to be proud of.
ms500

My god, how dumb are you? #

Aborigines? Not Australian?

jonnosonly1864

We can be proud about our country, but we can't forget that we have as a country done bad things in the past too: e.g. the slave trade.

Also you can be proud of your country without saying: "weird people from foreign lands" as the OP did.

Latest

Trending

Trending