The Student Room Group

Worried about moving out of uni accommodation.

Hi, everyone talks about being worried to move in to uni but what about moving out. I love my home and can’t wait to move out of uni however im also so nervous and worried as it’s a big chapter of my life done and I won’t see many of these people here again and everything is Changing, is it normal to feel upset even if you don’t love living in halls?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, everyone talks about being worried to move in to uni but what about moving out. I love my home and can’t wait to move out of uni however im also so nervous and worried as it’s a big chapter of my life done and I won’t see many of these people here again and everything is Changing, is it normal to feel upset even if you don’t love living in halls?

Hi there!

It's completely normal to feel worried about moving out of uni. Like you've said it's a massive change and something that you have to adjust to. With time it will get easier and you'll soon adjust. Don't be hard on yourself when you are upset about it, as so many people will be feeling the way you are. I would suggest trying to keep in contact with the people you still want to stay in contact with :smile: This can be through facetime or arrange to go for lunch. This will give you something to look forward to, and hopefully won't make you feel as upset because you have plans to see these people again :smile:

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi there!

It's completely normal to feel worried about moving out of uni. Like you've said it's a massive change and something that you have to adjust to. With time it will get easier and you'll soon adjust. Don't be hard on yourself when you are upset about it, as so many people will be feeling the way you are. I would suggest trying to keep in contact with the people you still want to stay in contact with :smile: This can be through facetime or arrange to go for lunch. This will give you something to look forward to, and hopefully won't make you feel as upset because you have plans to see these people again :smile:

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)

Hi Becca

Thank you so much for replying! It has really helped me realise that it’s completely okay to feel this way. Also my close friend which I made this year at uni surprised me and has made a book which we can post to one another over the summer to keep in touch. I’m definitely taking your advice and making lots of plans with everyone.
Thank you again.
I hope you have a lovely day.
Original post by Craftygirl123
Hi Becca

Thank you so much for replying! It has really helped me realise that it’s completely okay to feel this way. Also my close friend which I made this year at uni surprised me and has made a book which we can post to one another over the summer to keep in touch. I’m definitely taking your advice and making lots of plans with everyone.
Thank you again.

Hey @Craftygirl123,

That's such a lovely idea! :smile:

I just wanted to echo @University of Surrey Student Rep - it's totally normal to feel nervous about leaving your student accommodation, but you have nothing to worry about. The start of a new chapter in your life is exciting!

There's so many ways to stay in contact with your former flatmates now too. My friends and I live all over the country, and we love doing virtual film nights with Netflix Party and Scener - it's like being in the same room as each other again!

Have fun :tongue:

Sophie - Student Ambassador
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

As everyone says, I just wanted to re-assure you that it's completely normal, and just because everyone isn't talking about it doesn't mean they're not feeling it too! University is so strange, because you experience such a wide variety of emotions - and just when you get used to everything, something changes! But, the beauty of social media is we're able to stay in touch with others - as well as using your book (which is such a lovely idea!).

Have fun, enjoy yourself - you're not alone :biggrin:

Ana:h:
University of Liverpool Rep.
Original post by Craftygirl123
Hi Becca

Thank you again.

Hey!!

That's no worries at all :smile: I am glad I could help! Wow that's a great idea about the book! and yes making plans is definitely a good way to stop you from feeling so upset :smile:

Becca
Reply 6
Original post by University of Salford Student Rep
Hey @Craftygirl123,

I just wanted to echo @University of Surrey Student Rep - it's totally normal to feel nervous about leaving your student accommodation, but you have nothing to worry about. The start of a new chapter in your life is exciting!

There's so many ways to stay in contact with your former flatmates now too. My friends and I live all over the country, and we love doing virtual film nights with Netflix Party and Scener - it's like being in the same room as each other again!

Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

As everyone says, I just wanted to re-assure you that it's completely normal, and just because everyone isn't talking about it doesn't mean they're not feeling it too! University is so strange, because you experience such a wide variety of emotions - and just when you get used to everything, something changes! But, the beauty of social media is we're able to stay in touch with others - as well as using your book (which is such a lovely idea!).

Have fun, enjoy yourself - you're not alone :biggrin:

Ana:h:
University of Liverpool Rep.

Hi Ana,
thank you for replying! I completely agree university is so strange 😂. I feel more reassured now, today is my last full day so we are all celebrating which will be nice and we have everyone’s socials media’s so can definitely stay in touch.
thank you again
have a lovely day
Original post by University of Salford Student Rep
Hey @Craftygirl123,

Hi Sophie,
Thank you for replying, I’m so excited to start second year and be in a house and everything! We all spoke about how we are going to keep in contact yesterday which was nice and have made plans for when everyone comes back which has settled a few people I think.
Thank you again
Hope you have a lovely day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending