Pvkistvnist1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Any recommendations for university accomodation stays in Huddersfield? Also as an asian male, any particular ones and if there is anything on parking, what's the best as there seems to be very little clarity on this. Thanks
Jessica_FM
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pvkistvnist1)
Any recommendations for university accomodation stays in Huddersfield? Also as an asian male, any particular ones and if there is anything on parking, what's the best as there seems to be very little clarity on this. Thanks
Are you looking as a first year?
Pvkistvnist1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Yep first year
Zakhtar1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Castings! I loved it there was the best three years of my life, the accommodation is lovely and the staff is amazing. 100% would go back again
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello,

It's tricky working out where to live, especially at the minute when it's harder to view places.

We do have some information and links to virtual tours of some accommodation on our website that might help.

The University's approved, preferred and recommended accommodation provide is DIGS Student. It runs Storthes Hall, which is set in its own large grounds and woodland, and Ashenhurst Houses.
You can find some more information about DIGS, and other accommodation options, on our website at http://hud.ac/j3m

There's also a blog written by one of our students, Grace, about living at Storthes Hall here: http://hud.ac/j3o

Plus, you can chat with some Huddersfield students online through Unibuddy at: http://hud.ac/j3n to see where they live and would suggest too.

Happy house hunting and I hope you find somewhere you love!

Julie
UoH
Pvkistvnist1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you, is there a deadline for all of this?
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you, is there a deadline for all of this?
Hi, generally speaking, the sooner you get your accommodation sorted out the better, because there's more choice. DIGs does guarantee accommodation for all students though.

You're probably best speaking to the accommodation providers for more detailed information - the university doesn't offer accommodation directly - so they will have the most information about when is best to apply etc.

You can find their details at https://www.hud.ac.uk/uni-life/accommodation/

Take care
Julie
UoH
Fdix99
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Did you get sorted I've a ensuite flat at Storthes Hall ensuite loads of activities on sight gym laundry shop and restaurant let me know if your interested. Reduced rent and deposit paid for you 👍
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.86%
Uncertainty around my education (93)
11.36%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (84)
10.26%
Lack of purpose or motivation (104)
12.7%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.88%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.49%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (90)
10.99%
Financial worries (57)
6.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (37)
4.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (52)
6.35%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.05%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (79)
9.65%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (65)
7.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed