The Student Room Group

My brother is stressed

Just with exams and stuff. He's staying in my flat and is revising a lot for exams but he's so stressed. He thinks it's the end of the world if he fails and we try to be positive. He's so stressed and everything. He wants to go university and stuff but needs the grades so that's more pressure. He's just really over stressing.

Hopefully he will pass and I try to be positive with him as much as possible but I told him even if he does fail like its not the end of the world, he might not be able to go university but he can still carry on, it's not like its over and there's other carers out there that don't require education or grades etc like just because he's failed a few exams it doesn't mean it's over. I'm not sure if these exams are more trouble than they are worth because I saw him at 12am revising like not sleeping or nothing. He just thinks he's got no future if he fails the exams but it's not true and he's just stressed over doing stuff not sleeping or nothing. Like obviously he should try and pass but still it's like he's over doing it and like this all the time. I was thinking of maybe even taking him to the doctors to get him checked instead of doing the exams because this stress isn't good. He's like panicking all the time and all that.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Just with exams and stuff. He's staying in my flat and is revising a lot for exams but he's so stressed. He thinks it's the end of the world if he fails and we try to be positive. He's so stressed and everything. He wants to go university and stuff but needs the grades so that's more pressure. He's just really over stressing.

Hopefully he will pass and I try to be positive with him as much as possible but I told him even if he does fail like its not the end of the world, he might not be able to go university but he can still carry on, it's not like its over and there's other carers out there that don't require education or grades etc like just because he's failed a few exams it doesn't mean it's over. I'm not sure if these exams are more trouble than they are worth because I saw him at 12am revising like not sleeping or nothing. He just thinks he's got no future if he fails the exams but it's not true and he's just stressed over doing stuff not sleeping or nothing. Like obviously he should try and pass but still it's like he's over doing it and like this all the time. I was thinking of maybe even taking him to the doctors to get him checked instead of doing the exams because this stress isn't good. He's like panicking all the time and all that.

Hiya. This situation concerning your brother doesn't sound good at all, he's clearly very stressed and overworking himself. Have you tried asking your brother about his studies, in particular what's he's struggling with and has his teachers given him extra support? I would definitely encourage him to see the GP, especially if he's under constant stress, etc. as they'll be best placed to support him. Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending