The Student Room Group

Bf slept with someone as soon as we broke up

Hi my ex boyfriend broke up with me a week ago and I found out he’s already hanging out and hooking up with someone new. I know he’s single and he can do whatever he wants but how is he able to move on so quickly? We were together for almost two years and had a really happy relationship and we waited to have sex until he was ready because sex was a “big step for him.” How could he just go easily do it with someone else and so quickly after we broke up? It just hurts really bad it makes me feel awful about myself
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi my ex boyfriend broke up with me a week ago and I found out he’s already hanging out and hooking up with someone new. I know he’s single and he can do whatever he wants but how is he able to move on so quickly? We were together for almost two years and had a really happy relationship and we waited to have sex until he was ready because sex was a “big step for him.” How could he just go easily do it with someone else and so quickly after we broke up? It just hurts really bad it makes me feel awful about myself

I'm sorry. It isn't going to be easy on the beginning, but you'll look back and feel completely different about things. He did move on pretty quick, it could have been someone he knew from before but honestly it doesn't even matter. Take time to heal and don't worry about him.
(edited 2 years ago)
You need to move on and stop caring about what he's doing as he isn't your boyfriend anymore. Let it go.
Like Madison sang "I hope you both go to hell"
If so then you can contact me I will tell you tips and tricks which never makes you hurt
A lot of people do this tbh, they're pretty emotional after a breakup no matter the cause and want to feel better or at least desirable to others.

As others have said, there's nothing to be gained by watching what he's doing and having opinions on it.
You've made a right timing to vent it somewhere somehow. So now, time to just, breath it away and look forward
You broke up. What did you expect exactly? For him to be lamenting the loss until he’s old and grey? More to the point why do you care?
Reply 8
the hurt is a part of the process eventually ull stop caring it will take a while but in the mean time cry all you want but also remember to fill ur time with things you like doing instead of unproductive mopeing. I hope you feel better x
he able to move on so quickly?

Probably because he has always knew the girl that he was speaking to. When you both broke up, he used her as a reserve substitution after you.
It’s normal to feel awful but ultimately you shouldn’t be comparing his situation with yours; by you doing that, I feel like you still have feelings towards him, which is expected. Don’t use this as a chance to move on with someone else quickly too, just relax and focus on important things in life. Completely forget about him; focus on your hobbies/interests, school work, and future. Become stable before pursuing someone else. Relationships can be nothing but a ball of stress.
(edited 2 years ago)

He probably had backup options and you should've too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending