The Student Room Group

ID

So my 18th Birthday is coming up and for those that live in the UK, it’s a big day for us as it’s the legal age to drink alcohol. I want to go to whetherspoons for drinks, I’m bringing three other friends as well as my boyfriend but he does not have ID, he is almost 19 years old but still hasn’t been sent his provisional after waiting for so long. My three friends have ID, and so do I. If we order drinks, will we be told that we cannot have them if he does not have ID on him?
Reply 1
Original post by NilaDodd17
So my 18th Birthday is coming up and for those that live in the UK, it’s a big day for us as it’s the legal age to drink alcohol. I want to go to whetherspoons for drinks, I’m bringing three other friends as well as my boyfriend but he does not have ID, he is almost 19 years old but still hasn’t been sent his provisional after waiting for so long. My three friends have ID, and so do I. If we order drinks, will we be told that we cannot have them if he does not have ID on him?

Most likely the case, yes.
We do not permit the purchase or consumption of alcohol or the use of gaming machines by under-18s on our premises.

In all of our pubs, we have adopted the Challenge 21 or Challenge 25 policy. If a member of staff believes that you look under 21 or 25 years, you will be asked to prove that you are aged over 18 years.

Acceptable documents to prove your age are a valid passport, a UK or Ireland photo card driving licence, a UK military ID or any PASS-accredited proof-of-age card. All ID must have a photograph of you, include your date of birth and outline the validity period of the document.

Our staff may accept other identification documents which meet all of the ID requirements; however, this is at their sole discretion if they are unsure about the document’s authenticity/validity or are unfamiliar with its features, they may feel unable to accept them.

If you are asked to provide valid ID to show that you are aged over 18 years and our staff feel that they are unable to accept it, for whatever reason, then we will not allow you to purchase or consume alcohol or use gaming machines.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/contact/faqs/our-pubs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending