The Student Room Group

Waterstones Interview Today. Help

What kind of questions will I be asked?

How formal should I dress?
Since their uniform is so casual I'm worried full-on formal attire, blazer and all, would be too over the top. I thinking of wearing a white blouse with smart, grey checkered trousers. Other options are a light pink or blue blouse or black trousers. I do have a grey blazer and a brown one but again, I don't want to go over the top.

Also, what is the current pay like? I could only find some old figures on wages.
Original post by Wheezy___
What kind of questions will I be asked?

How formal should I dress?
Since their uniform is so casual I'm worried full-on formal attire, blazer and all, would be too over the top. I thinking of wearing a white blouse with smart, grey checkered trousers. Other options are a light pink or blue blouse or black trousers. I do have a grey blazer and a brown one but again, I don't want to go over the top.

Also, what is the current pay like? I could only find some old figures on wages.

They’re probably ask about previous experience, customer service questions, availability, how you’d approach certain situations, why you want to work there, your skills which are appropriate for the job and perhaps a little about their products, so books and literature.

You should almost always dress formally to a job interview in my opinion, I wore a full suit to an interview at an old people’s home where the staff wear scrubs and they offered me the job. I think it’s always worthwhile to put the effort in and people notice. Although the outfit you’ve suggested does sound fairly formal.

Not sure on the pay, it should be listed on the job advertisement and if it isn’t, you need to ask politely when they offer you the job but before you accept it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi!
Just wondering how the interview went? I'm planning on applying and was also wondering about wages and interview questions, so if you could let me know that would be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending