The Student Room Group

sfe qualification change on application.

I have applied for SF, but the e-mail talking about my changes doesn't specifically tell me what to do in order to change it, all I got from contacting the non-human number on their website was that I need to change it via https://www.student-finance.service.gov.uk/, when I went through the options, there ain't no option to change the qualifications that I did at my previous college, can someone help me find out what I could do to solve this, if you have been through a similar situation.
Reply 1
Original post by sampleuser007
I have applied for SF, but the e-mail talking about my changes doesn't specifically tell me what to do in order to change it, all I got from contacting the non-human number on their website was that I need to change it via https://www.student-finance.service.gov.uk/, when I went through the options, there ain't no option to change the qualifications that I did at my previous college, can someone help me find out what I could do to solve this, if you have been through a similar situation.

Hi Sampleuser007

I had something like this, this is because the dates I was entering was far less than what is listed in their database in relation to the college I am applying to study at.
I changed the dates that were recognised by the database sfe uses, which I found that UCAS also must use the same database.
I do expect that it issue is still not settled, as I am moving from (take note) "natural progression" HNC to HND, where in the database there is a 1 year course for HNC and also a 2 year course for HNC which would naturally would take the student into the HND course, but there is not a HND course for 1 year.

It gets a little more confusing because there is a 2 year HND course, which obviously must begin with HNC.

(take note) "natural progression" is an issue and I am of the understanding that it was the government that have shifted the goalposts of the courses.

As a natural progressing student, my particular college has an internal application, which I may understand where status may stand concerning my application for the course, twinned with the sfe.

I may have even caused an incident, but I did place my application ASAP

I have continued with the 2 year application even though I only have to study for 1 year.

I hope this may give you an idea of where the issue may lay, which is based on the dates you have applied for.

I hope you get through eventually Sampleuser007.

Good Luck Friend
Original post by jtv1
Hi Sampleuser007

I had something like this, this is because the dates I was entering was far less than what is listed in their database in relation to the college I am applying to study at.
I changed the dates that were recognised by the database sfe uses, which I found that UCAS also must use the same database.
I do expect that it issue is still not settled, as I am moving from (take note) "natural progression" HNC to HND, where in the database there is a 1 year course for HNC and also a 2 year course for HNC which would naturally would take the student into the HND course, but there is not a HND course for 1 year.

It gets a little more confusing because there is a 2 year HND course, which obviously must begin with HNC.

(take note) "natural progression" is an issue and I am of the understanding that it was the government that have shifted the goalposts of the courses.

As a natural progressing student, my particular college has an internal application, which I may understand where status may stand concerning my application for the course, twinned with the sfe.

I may have even caused an incident, but I did place my application ASAP

I have continued with the 2 year application even though I only have to study for 1 year.

I hope this may give you an idea of where the issue may lay, which is based on the dates you have applied for.

I hope you get through eventually Sampleuser007.

Good Luck Friend

Yes, but how do I change through the sfegov website because there isn't an option to change the details of the course that you did previously at the college you went to for 2 years?
Reply 3
Is the date the type of change you feel that you would have to make?
Reply 4
I found that when you open your sfe account, near the top there is a 'list' of your applications.
Underneath that you should have the heading of your application and then details of sfe and how to contact them.
Then there is a feedback link.
After that, you should have.

The college you applied to.
The date you applied
Then links:

View your application summary
Change Your Application
Apply for Additional Services
Cancel Your Application
Original post by jtv1
I found that when you open your sfe account, near the top there is a 'list' of your applications.
Underneath that you should have the heading of your application and then details of sfe and how to contact them.
Then there is a feedback link.
After that, you should have.

The college you applied to.
The date you applied
Then links:

Change Your Application
Cancel Your Application

This is what I get when I open my account upon login. I don't see any option that can take me to change the qualifications done at previous colleges. I can only change the ones I am going to do on the first year of uni.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
At the bottom of your screenshot, you got:

Change Your Application
Cancel Your Application

You need to click on the "Change Your Application" link, to access any changes you need to make.
Original post by jtv1
At the bottom of your screenshot, you got:

Change Your Application
Cancel Your Application

You need to click on the "Change Your Application" link, to access any changes you need to make.

Right and after that i get this(i apologise for the small size):

No option to change the qualifications done before your first year at uni
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
No, please don't be sorry.
This forum must include questions like these for it to run.

Remember, it's all about learning, which we are all here for:u:

What you see are three more links and in one of them, if you click on them will lead you to the place you may need to make changes.
It may be a good idea to open any application or information from another tab or browser, so you can access that info quickly.

As you should of experienced, the sfe website has security functionality implemented to logout if opened for a period of time if your not active on the page.

Resizing the browser page help you access each application easier than having the entire desktop filled with with one application.
Resizing your applications on your desktop, does not compromise the size of the contents your viewing.
Shown below: where the notepad app is open over this browser.
Original post by jtv1
No, please don't be sorry.
This forum must include questions like these for it to run.

Remember, it's all about learning, which we are all here for:u:

What you see are three more links and in one of them, if you click on them will lead you to the place you may need to make changes.
It may be a good idea to open any application or information from another tab or browser, so you can access that info quickly.

As you should of experienced, the sfe website has security functionality implemented to logout if opened for a period of time if your not active on the page.

Resizing the browser page help you access each application easier than having the entire desktop filled with with one application.
Resizing your applications on your desktop, does not compromise the size of the contents your viewing.
Shown below: where the notepad app is open over this browser.

I had it zoomed out on my browser, is my fault. Anyway when i clicked on the middle link I get this:
Before I accidentally edited my course to the same thing as before, I could only change the course I was doing at my chosen university that's it. There isn't even a link to change these things online anymore, I have to complete a form to change it.
Reply 10
There is a pattern going on here

Click on the new link and I believe you will be able to get to the form to edit it and then save.

Have your course detail open in another browser tab and see if there are any mistakes or changes you may have to make and then save.

You will have to do the same for the other two links.

Pic of sfe in one browser tab and your coll/uni details in another browser tab.
You can split the tabs by dragging and dropping.
Original post by jtv1

Click on the new link and I believe you will be able to get to the form to edit it and then save.

Have your course detail open in another browser tab and see if there are any mistakes or changes you may have to make and then save.

Here's the email i was sent a week ago or so regarding what i needed to change in my application:
Reply 12
I think this issue may be in your finance section
Original post by jtv1

how did you get those websites up in the screenshot you have?
Reply 14
Good Afternoon Sampleuser007

On the desktops, laptops and mobiles I use. I have installed more than one browser, because I have a few accounts for each platform, like Microsoft products, Google and Yahoo.
The same with the likes of Facebook, twitter and so forth.
It allows me to log into my accounts without having to logout and in again.
Therefore removing the possibility of getting caught in the "Click Baiting" which can record the keys being used on my device, particularly if am using public WiFi
Reply 15
I further had to, click on the resize button, which on windows OS, is on the top right corner, next to the delete the browser/application.
This is where one button is minimise, another is to "Resize Down/Maximise.
I can then resize the page by hovering the cursor/pointer over the edge of the page till a double arrow appears, hold it and resize so each page fits where I wish it to be placed on the screen.
Locking the page in position by clicking back onto the desktop then back on an open space on the page.
You will find that when you close the page entirely, that when you open it, it should open in the place where you set it too.
Reply 16
You can separate a page from a browser by opening another tab using the plus in the browser bar, then click on the new page at the menu bar of the browser and drag it away
Reply 17
Dear SampleUser007

May I ask, was your issue resolved?
Original post by sampleuser007
Here's the email i was sent a week ago or so regarding what i needed to change in my application:

You can't change that on the application once you have applied. I suggest writing all the info on a piece of paper, signing and dating it, and uploading it to your online account.
Reply 19
It sounds ridiculous that the sfe has asked you to make changes and then write to you saying another thing.

Whatever it is they need you to do, I suggest that you call them and make them wait till you got your account open, then they guide you through what they need.
It is not right that you should be getting this stress when you are supposed to be concentrating on your studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending