The Student Room Group

Nursing Advice HELp

Hi guys,so I’m thinking of applying to children nursing and I just wanted some advice really.So I just wanted to know how you are assessed and how are the group projects and presentations like!I really have always hated presentation and group projects.I’m currently on D’s but I’m hoping to improve as I go in to my final year of college and I’m going to be very serious.Just wanted to know if I’m capable of going uni to study nursing with these grades and I’m not really good with reading like I struggle .Is nursing very hard etc.BTW I have done health and social double
Reply 1
Health and social double what? GCSE? Level 3 BTEC?
You need to start looking at university entry requirements to see if you're on track. For example, Chester states D*D* for BTEC and DDM for extended BTEC; Manchester states DD + another A level grade B for BTEC and DDD for extended BTEC. It's all on the websites so get looking.

As for assessments/assignments... it varies from uni to uni, but over 3 years I had:
1 multiple choice exam
2 presentations
2 oral exams
Numerous essays
An OSCE
9 placements to pass
Reply 2
I’m currently doing a level three in health and social and applied science.However,if I don’t meet the requirement I am willing to spend that extra year of doing a foundation year.How was the jump from a levels to uni?How was the presentations?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending