The Student Room Group

should i do health social care btec or bussiness btec at college?

im struggling to pick as do not know hat career to do
pls help
Reply 2
I'm currently in the exact same situation. I wanted to do HSC to ultimately become a nurse, but (and I know it's shallow) the long hours and low pay put me off, so I've ultimately decided to to Business. Truth is, no one can tell you what to do. Maybe if you elaborate more? Where would you want either of the courses to eventually take you?
im not sure i think business is interesting but does it have math as i struggle with that ,,,i may want to do something with banking idk but also i like working in a team

applied science wanted to be a pharmacist mabe idk

health and social care beceuse i like helping people and its a rewarding job and i thought it was good...jobs mhmm occpational thrapy but also may be keen on not working long hours
im struggling badly and worrying as tomorrow im going in college and have to say what course to study

what would you advice me to pick and choose if you were in my position?
1) yes and no with working in the office as i like to work with others and so wouldn't like to do construction or bricklayering
2) im not creative myself and not that good with drawing and so would like to work in a logical field more
3) i like to meet new people and like to work in teams as i get comfortable more easier and would wanna work in a team rather then alone

i struggle with maths and don't enjoy it.....
i wanna work and b happy with it as i don't wanna regret it
i was thinking btec business or btec health and social care / btec childcare at college but not sure?
Reply 5
Original post by anon1830486
im not sure i think business is interesting but does it have math as i struggle with that ,,,i may want to do something with banking idk but also i like working in a team

applied science wanted to be a pharmacist mabe idk

health and social care beceuse i like helping people and its a rewarding job and i thought it was good...jobs mhmm occpational thrapy but also may be keen on not working long hours
im struggling badly and worrying as tomorrow im going in college and have to say what course to study

what would you advice me to pick and choose if you were in my position?

Personally, it sounds to me like you're saying you would ultimately enjoy health and social care more than you would business. From what you've said, it sounds like teamwork is quite important to you, and you're not fond of maths - you'd do well on HSC.

Don't stress about it, and again - take my advice with a grain of salt. Sleep on it, and see what you think in the morning. Everything will work out :smile:
is health care ultimately good or no as is the jobs a good salary?whats the pros and cons

and thanks
i want to do bussiness its interesting idk what do you learn? maths

im stressed lol
mmm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending