The Student Room Group

Doing the chavvy thing and loving it!

Moved into new uni flat today. Now curled up on the couch in a pear of adidas tracky bottoms, hoodie and cap listening to club songs on my headphones. My goal for this year is just to chill out with a casual dress code and laid back approach to avoid stress. What do others think?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crthompson
Moved into new uni flat today. Now curled up on the couch in a pear of adidas tracky bottoms, hoodie and cap listening to club songs on my headphones. My goal for this year is just to chill out with a casual dress code and laid back approach to avoid stress. What do others think?

bruh respice finem et carpe diem
Original post by irismcnab
bruh respice finem et carpe diem

sed nunc est bibendum amirite
dude bro in what text do they even appear together tho? Carpe diem is from that horace poem but i dont know about respice finem tbh
it does make sense like - 'think about how people will think of you when you're dead and so make the most of today'. Perhaps ergo rather than et would make the meaning clearer
Reply 5
'pear'
Original post by gjd800
'pear'

wat?
Reply 7
wat?

Now curled up on the couch in a pear of adidas tracky bottoms...

:curious:
Reply 8

I can relate to this, I’ll probably be doing this often when I go to uni as I live in tracksuits, one of the problems I’d never thought I’d have with big legs
Reply 9
Original post by brjf
I can relate to this, I’ll probably be doing this often when I go to uni as I live in tracksuits, one of the problems I’d never thought I’d have with big legs

Me too bud, the problem with being 6,8
My Latin might be rusty too but I thought word order generally didn't matter and meaning is preserved.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by gjd800
:curious:

didn't even see that lol perhaps op should reorange their original message
Original post by chazwomaq
My Latin might be rusty too but I thought word order generally didn't matter and meaning is preserved.

yeah i was totes doing a poetical rearrangement too, they call me pseudo-horace :cool:
Reply 13
didn't even see that lol perhaps op should reorange their original message

ha, clever!
Original post by gjd800
ha, clever!

well now i just feel silly :frown::frown:
Reply 15
well now i just feel silly :frown::frown:

Don't, I enjoyed the play on words :lol:
cos you'll get ur ass beat son