The Student Room Group

My boyfriend hasn't asked to see me in over a week and he never texts first

My boyfriend has told me he loves me but recently I've noticed I'm always the one that texts first, and when he replies it's usually really dry and he never asks me questions back such as "how's your day going" it's always just him replying with good and that's it. I really love him but I don't know what to do anymore. I don't wanna ask him if he loves me anymore because what if that ruins things.. I just want him to text me first and show me that he cares about my day and how I'm doing but its always me reaching out first.
Original post by Anonymous #1
My boyfriend has told me he loves me but recently I've noticed I'm always the one that texts first, and when he replies it's usually really dry and he never asks me questions back such as "how's your day going" it's always just him replying with good and that's it. I really love him but I don't know what to do anymore. I don't wanna ask him if he loves me anymore because what if that ruins things.. I just want him to text me first and show me that he cares about my day and how I'm doing but its always me reaching out first.

Think you can do better… he’s lacking the effort like communication is key, spending quality time with one and other discussing how things are going outside of each other and if there’s things that need talking by arranging meets or even doing things with one and other is healthy. Like personally in a relationship there should be priority if you two both like one and other clearly there’s no prioritisation from his end your making the effort…If you don’t do the same for example reach out you now know what’ll be his response he clearly doesn’t give a sh!t from his response by the looks of it…
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there
You need to address this with him
If you do not talk, things will not change and will stay hurt, frustrated in that relationship
Express how you feel, tell him
If it ruins things, so be it.
Reply 3
Texts? Why not arrange for phone calls, then you can have a proper conversation and not one-word answers?

Discuss it with him; face-to-face, or over the phone...
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending