The Student Room Group

Offers

Say hypothetically my predicted grades are 3A* and a uni requires AAA, and I have a strong personal statement, am I likely to get an offer? I know there's no definite way of confirming, but I thought I might as well ask.
(edited 2 years ago)
You can look at offer rates of universities:

Obviously Oxbridge has admissions assessments and interviews.

But for LSE, for example, it has some of the lowest offer rates and applicants are all strong.

I would expect you to get an offer but nothing is guaranteed.
A strong personal statement is subjective to admissions tutors.

Other things like what those subjects are etc... matters.
Original post by Htx_x346
Say hypothetically my predicted grades are 3A* and a uni requires AAA, and I have a strong personal statement, am I likely to get an offer? I know there's no definite way of confirming, but I thought I might as well ask.

Nobody really knows and it will depend on the university and course. Generally other than a few, most will make offers if you meet the grades. However for say medicine then offer rates are much lower.
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
Nobody really knows and it will depend on the university and course. Generally other than a few, most will make offers if you meet the grades. However for say medicine then offer rates are much lower.

Ah okay
Original post by SimonAB1
You can look at offer rates of universities:

Obviously Oxbridge has admissions assessments and interviews.

But for LSE, for example, it has some of the lowest offer rates and applicants are all strong.

I would expect you to get an offer but nothing is guaranteed.
A strong personal statement is subjective to admissions tutors.

Other things like what those subjects are etc... matters.

Thanks.
Read this - especially the bit about making 5 choices with a range of entry requirements : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending