The Student Room Group

UCAS personal statement.

Hi everyone, so I'm applying to university soon, where I wish to study International relations. However, I have only recently begun looking at Cambridge, just to see what it is like, and I like to look at it. I still have some more research to do though, like accommodation, etc. Anyway, Cambridge does not offer a straight International relations course, however, they offer Human Social and Political sciences, which is the closest. I have already written my personal statement, however, I now am not sure, how to edit it to make it fit around the Cambridge course, as most of my statement talks about IR and politics. Can anyone give any pieces of advice?
I think it is okay for your personal statement to be based on IR if that's what you want to apply for at other universities. You can include anything Cambridge-specific you want (like regarding other parts of the tripos) in the SAQ statement
Original post by Grace Appleby
Hi everyone, so I'm applying to university soon, where I wish to study International relations. However, I have only recently begun looking at Cambridge, just to see what it is like, and I like to look at it. I still have some more research to do though, like accommodation, etc. Anyway, Cambridge does not offer a straight International relations course, however, they offer Human Social and Political sciences, which is the closest. I have already written my personal statement, however, I now am not sure, how to edit it to make it fit around the Cambridge course, as most of my statement talks about IR and politics. Can anyone give any pieces of advice?

I had something similar, where I applied for political sciences elsewhere and HSPS at Cam. The SAQ additional statement is your best bet in ensuring you get anything extra about HSPS in there. Although it has to be stressed that this isn't essential; many applicants choose not to fill it in but get the place nonetheless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending