The Student Room Group

Failed my 2nd driving test

I failed because i got too close to a car when trying to get through a gap as well as getting too close to some cones on a high speed road and i failed with the same problem on my first test as well. But throughout my lesson i haven't had any problems with this as in my instructor hasn't been needing to take the wheel or tell me im getting too close to anything. How do i improve this aspect in my driving?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by farahhafsah
I failed because i got too close to a car when trying to get through a gap as well as getting too close to some cones on a high speed road and i failed with the same problem on my first test as well. But throughout my lesson i haven't had any problems with this as in my instructor hasn't been needing to take the wheel or tell me im getting too close to anything. How do i improve this aspect in my driving?

I'm sorry about you failing don't let it get to you too much. You just need more lessons, tell your instructor you want to practice with what you think your weaknesses are and hopefully you'll pass soon
Sounds quite simple - keep further away from other things in the road.
Reply 3
These sorts of faults with clearance issues are a balance between speed and distance, if your distance is close then you should reduce your speed. If you're struggling to judge this as your instructor is clearly not being helpful, just try reducing your speed when you see yourself getting close
Reply 4
Less space = less speed and thus more time to weigh things up. Also the things you describe come with experience and increasing judgment. Feels like you need more practice before being test ready

Quick Reply

Latest