The Student Room Group

Driving Test

Hiya,
I am on my way to taking my driving test at the end of June, and am absolutely terrified; I’m taking it at Worcester Test Centre, and after hearing an experience from a friend, I am terrified that I will end up with an examiner that is extremely harsh and blunt for no valid reason.

I was just wondering how others got on with their examiner, and if it happens, how to best deal with a crappy examiner.

Thanks
Hi,
I passed my test in February in Basingstoke which was my 2nd test

My first test was in Slough and I had a lovely examiner who was really friendly in the car and I made a stupid mistake whilst reversing out of a bay after my manoever where I got a bit too close to a car because it was quite busy and the examiner had to step in so we just kept chatting during my test because I knew that I had failed and he kept it really relaxed and calm. In the feedback at the end he sounded truly gutted for me failing like that because eotherwise I got no minors. Overall it was a chill vibe and a great guy

My 2nd test in basingstoke the examiner was a bit more blunt and didnt really want to chat however I felt prepared and just kepy my eyes on the road and just drove my best and he gave me a stinky test route and a parallel park which personally for me was my worst manover. But even though this examiner was a bit blunt the overall experience wasnt bad at all and just think of the joy that you will experience at the end of the test of the examiner giving u a pass certifiacate and the freedom that it will allow u to have.

Overall unless unlucky like me most examiners will be happy to chat and not make it an awkward atmosphere and not be crappy or overharsh but even if they are just think towards the prize.
Original post by Zeddley
Hiya,
I am on my way to taking my driving test at the end of June, and am absolutely terrified; I’m taking it at Worcester Test Centre, and after hearing an experience from a friend, I am terrified that I will end up with an examiner that is extremely harsh and blunt for no valid reason.

I was just wondering how others got on with their examiner, and if it happens, how to best deal with a crappy examiner.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending