Watch
This discussion is closed.
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gavin2016)
They do, hoodies, even girls wear them too, they must want to be Benedictine monks too

I see your point but do girls really ride bikes that much? I tend to think not do. The right sort of dress I reckon could alleviate problems you suggest with cold I think.
You can’t act like you have good taste with a name like Gavin.
Gavin2016
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
luckily, the world has moved on
Unfortunately I think, so many women wearing jeans just look sooo.... Boring!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Unfortunately I think, so many women wearing jeans just look sooo.... Boring!
Good. Because they should be wearing what they want and what they feel comfortable in, not what you find exciting.
Last edited by black tea; 3 weeks ago
jenerous
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jenerous)
Don't know why you are getting so tensed up...
Ah, never mind, found the answer myself. A sad troll carelessly dumping their brain garbage on a random forum on the Internet in the middle of the night. Top notch.
Little pecker
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by xxx0xxxo)
You can’t act like you have good taste with a name like Gavin.
Jeez

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've been wondering more & more about this one recently.
I don't even mean this in a rude way but do you not have more important things to think about?
Last edited by Gaddafi; 3 weeks ago
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As a guy to dress classy apparently tends to be something in the direction of a shirt and smart/smart-casual trousers. Now I think I'm not alone in not many guys wanting to bother with that in their spare time. To look decent most shirts need to be tucked in, now that's a pain, it feels like being a stuffed turkey. It's all shoved down there and feels uncomfortable, not necessarily in a major way but not comfortable in a relaxed way
I disagree. I wore suits for 80-85 hours a week for 50 weeks a year for 7.5 years. Only thing that can get tiring is your tie and top button done up. Without those two, it's actually pretty comfortable.
heermeet
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you seen how cold it gets in this country dude? Dresses don't protect you from the cold.

Plus many girls now are into sports or doing manual labour, trying doing that in a dress and see how easy it is.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by heermeet)
Have you seen how cold it gets in this country dude?
it rarely gets below 0 degrees celsius :lol:
Last edited by black tea; 3 weeks ago
Gavin2016
Rep:
?
Good. Because they should be wearing what they want and what they feel comfortable in, not what you find exciting.
I think both sexes should tend to look to please the other, society would feel so much better that way. Out with the he-she jeans and cloth leggings for women I say.
Gavin2016
Rep:
?
(Original post by heermeet)
Have you seen how cold it gets in this country dude? Dresses don't protect you from the cold.

Plus many girls now are into sports or doing manual labour, trying doing that in a dress and see how easy it is.
Possibly that is something clothes designers could take into account or the girl choosing a dress or wearing something to help with that. I don't really see women doing much manual labour, even many guys tend to shy away from manual labour these days. Sport obviously involves sport gear and a change of clothes but it's really best to change out of sports clothes before and after the sport session due to hygiene and body odour reasons.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
it rarely gets below 0 degrees celsius :lol:
and thats what, boiling hot weather?
Gavin2016
Rep:
?
Funnily enough notice this article this morning:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-...lains-25036216

NOW THIS IS HOW ALL WOMEN SHOULD BE!!!

Think of how wonderful the world would be if all women did that. Men would be happy and in the men being happy so would women too

These days so many better looking dresses than in the 1940s too. These days all sorts of pretty and elaborate dresses, skirts & crop tops. So easy to impress a guy these days if only the women would come to their senses.
Last edited by Gavin2016; 3 weeks ago
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HunterxK)
Why are you telling me how to dress?
Get a girl, and express your wishes to her. I'm sure she'll be more than happy to wear pretty little dresses for you.
I am unconvinced lol
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by !Capercaillie)
Why do you think men aren't walking around in robes like Benedictine monks?
In fairness to OP I also view male style as having degenerated too albeit that probably peaked 200-300 years ago among the upper classes.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wearing separates means that your clothes are much more likely to fit. I am tall - the average dress off the peg will have a waistband hovering somewhere between the bra line and my actual waist - not a good look or comfortable. It may well also stop above my knees - draughty and cold. Women have curves which can be quite variable but dresses just come in 10, 12, 14, etc so already you are trying to find a dress which is the same sort of shape as you, or you wear something sack shaped. Anything long will just get caught in the wheels of my office chair - many women work, don't you know? If you sit in a dress with fitted sleeves it can reduce how far you can move your arms - the same reason a shirt comes untucked but more restricting.
Wearing tights to keep warm is no fun - being encased in sweaty nylon for the day, yuck, plus they ladder really easily so are quite an expense.
Dresses dictate the sort of shoes you have to wear - mostly to far less comfortable ones that wear out quickly
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Funnily enough notice this article this morning:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-...lains-25036216

NOW THIS IS HOW ALL WOMEN SHOULD BE!!!

Think of how wonderful the world would be if all women did that. Men would be happy and in the men being happy so would women too

These days so many better looking dresses than in the 1940s too. These days all sorts of pretty and elaborate dresses, skirts & crop tops. So easy to impress a guy these days if only the women would come to their senses.

I must say I was getting quite hard just reading the article
Oh my god, I think this is the worst thread on this website. TSR is just a treasure trove isn't it.

Women are not happy if men are happy. It's almost like what we do isn't dependent on you, nor how you feel. We're not trying to impress you. You approach us, we don't as often approach you.

Wear a suit constantly, sweetheart, it would make us ladies very happy and so you'll be happy too. Also, I like it when you wear those lovely little flats and organise your day around your girlfriend. Make sure to make her lunch to bring to work, sweetheart, wouldn't want her to get upset!
username4986690
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ITT: Man who has never worn a dress (but secretly wants to) tells women how and when to wear dresses.

Just stop, it is creepy af.
HunterxK
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
I am unconvinced lol
Then she's free to dump his arse :lol:
Tammie2345524
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've been wondering more & more about this one recently. Not only are dresses way more feminine than jeans or jean shorts, or cloth leggings surely they are way more convenient. I mean it's an all in one garment, a bit like a onesie but way more classier. A good dress can look wonderful on even a n average girl and make her look great. So it's way quicker and easier to put on than jeans & t-shirt or whatever. So why don't way more girls wear dresses???

As a guy to dress classy apparently tends to be something in the direction of a shirt and smart/smart-casual trousers. Now I think I'm not alone in not many guys wanting to bother with that in their spare time. To look decent most shirts need to be tucked in, now that's a pain, it feels like being a stuffed turkey. It's all shoved down there and feels uncomfortable, not necessarily in a major way but not comfortable in a relaxed way. A dress as far as I can see suffers from no discomfort problem like that, it's just a quick one on and that's it, looks and wears nice and easy I would have thought. Also none of this problem with the shirt pulling out over the course of the day. Sometimes I can't understand why the shirt is bothered with in any quarter at all it's so impractical. Does it really look all that great to women?

Would be interested to hear thoughts of girls & guys on this.
"they are way more feminine" - I don't care about being feminine.
"Surely they are way more convenient" - yeah, it's easy to put a basic dress on (fancy dresses are a completely different matter) but it's not exactly hard to put a t shirt and leggings on. Also, sitting down in a dress is a nightmare.
"A good dress can look wonderful on even an average girl" - I don't exist to look pleasing to you. And I disagree, I think I look better in jeans. I choose what I look like.
I don't wear dresses because I don't want to. I don't like wearing them, I don't feel comfortable in them and I'm certainly not going to be convinced to wear a dress because a man thinks it looks better.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.37%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.03%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.44%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise