The Student Room Group

why do some people make the vocational route look like crap?

as in my sister did gcses, level 3 btec and then a level 2 apprenticeship, she didnt want to study anymore and got a job at £10 an hour, my cousin did GCSES, an apprenticeship and earns roughly or more than my sister as she used to work in a bank. They settle for less money and don’t want to study anymore.

Whilst Alan Sugar and Bill Gates did apprenticeships and worked their way up. People who go to uni and got grad jobs earn a lot of money.
Original post by Anonymous
as in my sister did gcses, level 3 btec and then a level 2 apprenticeship, she didnt want to study anymore and got a job at £10 an hour, my cousin did GCSES, an apprenticeship and earns roughly or more than my sister as she used to work in a bank. They settle for less money and don’t want to study anymore.

Whilst Alan Sugar and Bill Gates did apprenticeships and worked their way up. People who go to uni and got grad jobs earn a lot of money.

Some people think that uni is the be all and end all. It isnt at all.
Some careers (e.g. teaching, nursing, dentistry, medicine etc etc) require uni. But plenty of others dont.
There's nothing wrong with the vocational route. Quite often the vocational route is better. For example with apprenticeships you gain experience and usually have a job at the end of it. With various college courses (e.g. BTEC's) you do placements at places so gain some experience.
Uni isn't as amazing as people make it out to be.
Original post by Emma:-)
Some people think that uni is the be all and end all. It isnt at all.
Some careers (e.g. teaching, nursing, dentistry, medicine etc etc) require uni. But plenty of others dont.
There's nothing wrong with the vocational route. Quite often the vocational route is better. For example with apprenticeships you gain experience and usually have a job at the end of it. With various college courses (e.g. BTEC's) you do placements at places so gain some experience.
Uni isn't as amazing as people make it out to be.

100% this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending