The Student Room Group

Tumbler dryer broke, will I lose my apprenticeship?

So I have an apprenticeship at a vets, I normally do the washing etc and I think sometimes I may slam the door a bit too hard as the other day the bit in the tumbler dryer door to allow it to close broke.

Do you think because of this I will lose my apprenticeship? Or will I have to potentially buy them another tumbler dryer?
Original post by Alicehale6
So I have an apprenticeship at a vets, I normally do the washing etc and I think sometimes I may slam the door a bit too hard as the other day the bit in the tumbler dryer door to allow it to close broke.

Do you think because of this I will lose my apprenticeship? Or will I have to potentially buy them another tumbler dryer?

Stop slamming doors and you will be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
Stop slamming doors and you will be fine.

But if the latch on the tumbler dryer door is broken, and they know I use it most days would I be in trouble? Cause like when it happened the door wouldn't shut so I was slamming it shut but not succeeding and my supervisor came and asked "what is wrong", and I told her the door wasn't shutting so she put surgical glue on the latch to fix it in place, but it broke off yesterday.
But if the latch on the tumbler dryer door is broken, and they know I use it most days would I be in trouble? Cause like when it happened the door wouldn't shut so I was slamming it shut but not succeeding and my supervisor came and asked "what is wrong", and I told her the door wasn't shutting so she put surgical glue on the latch to fix it in place, but it broke off yesterday.

I mean in that case it's your supervisors responsibility for it, as they should've arranged a maintenance call out rather than done a bodge job to repair it, and what broke wasn't the tumblr-dryer but the bodge job glued latch.

Obviously though you seem to be aware that your usage of the equipment isn't "up-to-code" so to speak, so when it is replaced/repaired you should be more careful when using it to ensure the longevity of that equipment.

Ultimately though it's up to the workplace to maintain and replace any equipment and to ensure staff have appropriate training in how to use that equipment properly.

Sounds like wear and tear - they should have got it properly repaired. It's not your fault.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending