The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeship

I was going to do biomedical science degree for university but then i really didnt want to take student loans due to my religion. I was looking at degree apprenticeship for biomed which is available. Would apprenticeship be hard? Is there any advice i can have to help me decide please. Would they accept undergraduate?
Reply 1
One will give you 3 years work experience whereas 1 will give you 0 work experience unless you try to find a placements or the University find you one during the degree.

Degree apprenticeships are funded by your employer and the government, so as an apprentice you do not need to pay tuition fees for your course. Due to the nature of apprenticeships and how they are funded, you will not be eligible for student finance. This includes tuition fee loans and maintenance loans. - so Yes that resolves your religious concerns to do with student loans.

Would they accept undergraduate? - do you mean would an employer accept a degree apprenticeship against a degree? Well with a degree apprenticeship you would be working onsite at a workplace so you'd have 3 years experience versus 0. So Yes either way with a degree or a degree apprenticeship you'll be fine.

Would apprenticeship be hard? - check the course content for a biomed degree apprenticeship vs a bio med degree. I feel it would be about making a balance between working and attending classes etc that you'd have to manage.

All the best.
Original post by Prismwjsa
I was going to do biomedical science degree for university but then i really didnt want to take student loans due to my religion. I was looking at degree apprenticeship for biomed which is available. Would apprenticeship be hard? Is there any advice i can have to help me decide please. Would they accept undergraduate?

I did my 5 year degree Apprenticeship in biomedical/biomechanical product research and development.

It was incredibly hard, but even more rewarding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending