What is a good salary?

Watch
HelloHello143
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is a good salary for someone still living with their parents vs living by urself
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HelloHello143)
What is a good salary for someone still living with their parents vs living by urself
Depends on the job itself, so the requirements, qualification, responsibility, numbers of working hours, etc. No one should be underpaid, living with the parents or not.
Amy Stivens
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
45k I consider a normal salary
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amy Stivens)
Normal for who? It is considerably above the average salary.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amy Stivens)
In a year? even if it is in this period of time, it is a good one by considering a 40 working hours week and a net wage.
ilililili
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’ve heard people say if you’re earning ur age x 1000 ur doing well but obviously where you work and how much you work are huge factors
Last edited by ilililili; 1 month ago
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reue)
Normal for who? It is considerably above the average salary.
It depends on the working conditions. For normal conditions, you are right, this is above average salary.
Reue
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
It depends on the working conditions. For normal conditions, you are right, this is above average salary.
I'd say it has little to do with working conditions. Some of the toughest jobs are poorly paid; caring, cleaning, retail.

Whereas office jobs are typically far better conditions and better paid.
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
So many jobs are underpaid though e.g. starting salary for a newly qualified teacher outside of London is only £25k
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
£600,000 per week, after tax or you're a peasant
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
£600,000 per week, after tax or you're a peasant
I'll do you one better, £600,000,00 per second!
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
I'll do you one better, £600,000,00 per second!
That is a good salary, I agree
CatInTheCorner
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That is a good salary, I agree
Reminds me of the time 6 year old me saw my dad handing a wad of cash to a builder who painted our house and immediately asked him "Are you married?". Little me was a planner!
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Reminds me of the time 6 year old me saw my dad handing a wad of cash to a builder who painted our house and immediately asked him "Are you married?". Little me was a planner!
Is that still the goal? :rofl:
CatInTheCorner
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Is that still the goal? :rofl:
Goal is to be the person getting the wad of cash! He did marry my cousin though, so maybe gold-digging runs in the family!
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Goal is to be the person getting the wad of cash! He did marry my cousin though, so maybe gold-digging runs in the family!
Well you're aiming for the wrong profession if that's the case :sadnod:
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Completely depends on area e.g. how much the average house price is. But generally 30k and above is decent in my view (not in an area like London though!).
sabana
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
So many jobs are underpaid though e.g. starting salary for a newly qualified teacher outside of London is only £25k
True, it's the same for nursing too. And nursing is such a tough/stressful role.
CatInTheCorner
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well you're aiming for the wrong profession if that's the case :sadnod:
I really want so see a medicine interview where someone's soul is crushed because they thought they'd get loaded as a doctor!
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
HelloHello143
My first post graduate job after doing a PGCE was £26k when I was about 25 years old, I now can earn about £36k at 34. I always thing it is not what you earn, it is what is in your bank after all your outgoings which matters

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
22.08%
Note taking apps (6)
2.5%
Flashcards (46)
19.17%
Revision guides (15)
6.25%
Past papers (112)
46.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.33%

Watched Threads