The Student Room Group

Bad GCSE November mocks results

So a lot has been going on with my life which has led me to lose all interest and motivation to do a lot of things that I used to, like including revising.

Due to that, I had to rely on cramming, which led to me having test anxiety, badly managing my time in the mock examinations and receiving mostly grade 5s and 6s.

I know I can do way better because, in the Yr10 examinations, I mostly scored grade 9s and 8s as I was able to work hard in revision but it dropped instead.

I was considering telling my teachers about this but I am quite unsure.

Does anyone have any advice on this?
Original post by mellow2006
So a lot has been going on with my life which has led me to lose all interest and motivation to do a lot of things that I used to, like including revising.

Due to that, I had to rely on cramming, which led to me having test anxiety, badly managing my time in the mock examinations and receiving mostly grade 5s and 6s.

I know I can do way better because, in the Yr10 examinations, I mostly scored grade 9s and 8s as I was able to work hard in revision but it dropped instead.

I was considering telling my teachers about this but I am quite unsure.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Sounds like you may be burnt out if you’re struggling to find the motivation to work. I’ve been there too and found it really hard going into yr13 to pick up the pace with my revision, so I ended up not doing enough.
I found the way to deal with this was to take some time away from schoolwork and enjoy the things I like, organise my schedule better and make sure my desk area is clean.
It may sound funny, but the way I fixed my motivation was to not revise, and then go into it with a clear head. With more content piling up, it’s important to teach yourself how to relax and take every day as it comes, trying to do a little bit of work a day.
Im sure you’ll do great :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you, this helps a lot :smile:. How much time would be okay to be away from schoolwork?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mellow2006
Thank you, this helps a lot :smile:. How much time would be okay to be away from schoolwork?

As much time as you need! Don’t feel pressure from what others are doing to follow them, focus on now you enjoy revising and go from there

Quick Reply

Latest