The Student Room Group

Primary education with qts

Would I still be able to get into primary education with qts degree with BBE at alevels.
Original post by dejwkrew
Would I still be able to get into primary education with qts degree with BBE at alevels.

Most places do have higher entry requirement, usually they want 110+ UCAS points at least - whereas with BBE, you only have 96. However, it's still worth having a proper hunt through uni course pages yourself to check entry requirements.

If you are a mature student and feel you have lots of relevant work experience, then you could contact universities and explain this and ask if they might consider your application anyway.

If you have done your A-levels more recently, then I would look at retaking the grade E (if you can get it up to a C then you could get into somewhere like Sheffield Hallam which requires 112 UCAS points).

Also important to note is that you will need a grade 4 (or C) or higher in English, Maths, and Science GCSE in order to be a primary school teacher!

most unis offer foundation years for around ur grades so look at them:smile:

Hello,

Most universities require 112/120 UCAS points for Primary Education, however, these points often drop in clearing or if you score highly in your interview.

A lot of universities offer foundation years, YSJ has just introduced one for people who would like to go onto Primary Education but do not have enough points.
You can check ours out here: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/foundation-years/education-children-and-counselling-foundation-yr/

It may be worth emailing the admissions departments of the universities that you would like to go to. They may be able to advise you if it is worth applying to the three year degree course as in some cases they can accept a little lower than what is stated on the website.
If not, foundations years give you a whole additional year of experience and will help prepare for you for the three years.

If you have done any performance or music exams, have a look on the UCAS point calculator for them as they can also carry UCAS points. This is how I got mine up to entry requirements!
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

Lydia :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending