The Student Room Group

Interview for Orthoptics

Hey, is there anyone who has had an interview for Orthoptics at either the uni of Sheffield or uni of Liverpool? If so, what types of questions did they ask?
Just general chat only - no specific info about interview tasks, tests or questions please.
Original post by Ellie.Keen
Hey, is there anyone who has had an interview for Orthoptics at either the uni of Sheffield or uni of Liverpool? If so, what types of questions did they ask?

Hi there!

Interviews for Orthoptics tend to be based on assessing your interest for the course and seeing any transferable skills you have that would make you good at a healthcare role. They aren't trying to catch anyone out and will ask general questions like why you want to study Orthoptics, making sure you know the difference between Orthoptics, Optometry and Ophthalmology also. They also asked me questions in relation to my personal statement too to get to know you a bit better. I also recommend being familiar with the NHS values as this links a lot to the work of an Orthoptist!

Hope this helps you out a bit, if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask:smile:

Alisha
3rd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Just general chat only - no specific info about interview tasks, tests or questions please.

Hi
Did you get a place at Sheffield for Orthoptics or are you doing something different?

Quick Reply

Latest