The Student Room Group
Have you looked at their course structure and facilities?
Original post by fiona.h123
I have received conditional offers from Newcastle, Leeds and Aberdeen, but don’t really know which one I want to go to. I visited Newcastle and really liked it but because I haven’t visited Aberdeen or Leeds, I don’t want to rule them out.

You will probably get offers to attend applicant or visit days in Feb or March. Go on them and see which you prefer. You shouldnt be deciding on a firm until April.
You don't have to make your Firm/Insurance decision for months - the Unis are not going to take the offers back and so there is no urgency here. Read this - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/firm-and-insurance-choices - the 'write it down' exercise at the end is especially useful. Sit on your hands and don't press any UCAS buttons until Easter.
Reply 4
Which course?
Reply 5
Original post by hungrysalamander
Have you looked at their course structure and facilities?

Yea I have, I like all the courses similarly
Reply 6
Original post by ajj2000
Which course?

Philosophy & politics at Aberdeen and Leeds, combined honours at Newcastle
Reply 7
Original post by McGinger
You don't have to make your Firm/Insurance decision for months - the Unis are not going to take the offers back and so there is no urgency here. Read this - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/firm-and-insurance-choices - the 'write it down' exercise at the end is especially useful. Sit on your hands and don't press any UCAS buttons until Easter.

Ty 👍
I’m at Newcastle uni, absolutely love it. Best night life in the country by far. (Leeds is a close second tho) Newcastle is the cheapest as well some places it’s literally 2.50 for a double. Cheap in terms of accommodation too. I’m in private halls literally £99 a week with en-suite. If you want more of your student loan left over it’s deffo the place to go.
Reply 9
Original post by fiona.h123
Philosophy & politics at Aberdeen and Leeds, combined honours at Newcastle

Ah, cool - I agree with the post above regarding Newcastle.
Newcastle is one of the best for nightlife experience and this is coming from someone who studied in London. Course and Uni wise they're all pretty much the same. Aberdeen isn't an RG but is one of the 'ancients' and predates the other two and also ranks around the same within the top 20s. Leeds is also pretty cool.

I'd still go Newcastle tho as I'd find it hard to suggest Aberdeen's location to anyone despite having a beautiful campus.
Uni of leeds is just top in terms of QS world rankings. Newcastle is second. I'd say, Leeds is a better choice if you have the money. You'll get a degree from a top 100 uni and a top 5 Russell group for re-search. Newcastle is also a great option, comparatively cheaper and has best nightlife behind Leeds. Aberdeen, is decent, however it lacks in terms of quality of education when compared to the others.I'd say, any russel group uni is an absolute steal. Leeds is the best if you have the money for its expenses.

Latest

Trending

Trending