The Student Room Group

What can happen if you get caught using a friends ID to get into a club...?

Scroll to see replies

grace_xo
Seriously?? I really don't want that...specially as i'll be 18 soon..:eek:

Yeah, was so bad because she'd used her friend's ID for about a year.

Unfortunately on her actual birthday she used her own ID and they realised it was a different name.
Reply 21
aww it will be fine, i use friends id all the time. dont look like the id pic, they dont mind as long as you have somehting to show them
worse thing that happens is they take it off you and ur friendhas to go and get it back from the police
I never realised it, but you can actually get done for identity theft. I doubt anywhere is that strict though, as Cindloz said, as long as you have something to show them...
You get your ID confiscated. It's happened to me before when I was using my sister's; it took the piss, I had used it since I was 15 and not got turned away once, then a month before I turned 18 it got confiscated by a ****** bouncer.
Cupid Stunt
Up to her really, if they don't accept it they'll just take the ID away that's it. Her loss, not yours.

Do they have any legal power to confiscate ID's? I don't think so.
Reply 25
fisherman

I'm fairly sure they do, actually. Has certainly happened to one of my younger friends. However, the risk of being caught is relatively small. If in doubt, wear a load of Halloween makeup etc so that it would be pretty hard to recognise you in a photo anyway.
Reply 26
ARGH i need to decide as im supposed to be getting ready. :confused:
fisherman

I think so, like shops can take cards off you if they're fake or clearly not yours. it's essentially identity theft and you could have stolen the ID.
grace_xo
ARGH i need to decide as im supposed to be getting ready. :confused:

they probably won't take it off you. maybe wait outside for a bit and watch other people go in, see if they confiscate IDs or just send people away?
Reply 29
Yes the bouncers can confiscate the ID from you, and then turn it into the police. Then the address to which the card says its registered, will get a nice letter through asking them to come collect it
Before my birthday I used different friends ID all the time and it always worked fine. I think it's easier if you're a girl too.
Reply 31
Just go for it, as long as you have some kind of resemblence they don't really care.
Reply 32
allthetime
Usually means you'll be barred for about a year. Sometimes if you're in a town you'll get barred from all the clubs in that small area whether you're 18 or not.

That just happened to my friend, she was banned from 4 clubs for using a friend's ID in one of them.

That doesn't happen a lot. And anyway, the bouncers change all the time anyway. They have too many drunks to deal with, to waste their time trying to stop an 18-y-o girl get into a club, who's not causing any trouble.
look anything like her? i do it loads and never been pulled up on it, was once asked if i had a debit card to verify but i was all "i don't want to bring a card out i might lose all my money?!?!!" and they were k. same night at the same club another friend used an id a girl had already got in with a few minutes before and she didn't know the date of birth or anything, the other bouncer looked and said he'd just seen a girl with that id and they turned her away. i think it was just getting all strict that night, that was broad st and they aren't normally like that :/
it might be a bit stricter tonight because more people going out for halloween, but if you look vaguely like the id and the friend has another id for herself then you probably won't have any trouble.

can bouncers actually take id off you though? without police involved
They can't confiscate it, only the police can, so they'd need to ring them. If they're bothered, you'd most likely just get turned away. Unless you get abusive or something.
hehe, I went out a month before my 18th using the id of someone about 5 years older than me who I looked nothing like. Got in to the bar no problem and wasn't even asked when we moved on to the club.

I'd say it depends how much you want to go out and whether your friend minds that it could be taken away.
Reply 36
My mate once got it confiscated and when the mate whos ID it was went to the police to get it back (because the bouncers gave it to the police), they said that they destroy them and he'd have to get a new one. It was his passport, so he was really pissed, but my mate paid for a new one for him.
Borrow one of her bank cards or something as well, so if they ask for proof that it's you then you've got something else with her name on.

I doubt you'll need it, though.
I have a friend who has short blonde hair and blue eyes, she uses someone's ID with long brown hair and dark brown eyes. It has never failed... God knows how.
Oh yeah, and get your friends to call you by the name on the ID when you're going in, memorise details etc. Oh, and know your starsign, thats a sneaky one they use.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending