The Student Room Group

MSc Social Data Science OII 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by noahryu
What does it mean if your upload button disappears?

Well, there’s a theory so things aren’t looking very nice for me I guess. You may find the speculations here

https://click.thestudentroom-emails.co.uk/?qs=0018447ba7358ba36a611eaad1c2adaf755031e71521bb5ddbafeeebcbf4ade3090db2bbed994d2a22b41d54313d69288a2d63a3bdc20113796795f6f6e7135f
Original post by noahryu
What does it mean if your upload button disappears?

Don't get too worried. It just means a decision has been reached; it does not indicate in any way whether it was a rejection or admission. Simply put, it means you'll receive your results soon. Normally in two days, but it may also be within hours.
Reply 42
Has anyone received results today? I'm guessing we will know tomorrow.
Reply 43
Hey everyone- received a conditional offer at 5:11pm 17th March UK Time for MSc Social Data Science- I am still so shocked, I cannot believe it!!!

best of luck to all!
Reply 44
Original post by Lil_cats
Hey everyone- received a conditional offer at 5:11pm 17th March UK Time for MSc Social Data Science- I am still so shocked, I cannot believe it!!!

best of luck to all!

Congratulations!

best of luck to all!

Hey!!! I'm happy to hear it! Told ya you should not be so negative about your prospects! Hopefully I'll be joining you soon at the OII. Congratulations!!!
Just checked my upload button it's gone. Ohh boy...

best of luck to all!

Hello. Congratulations!!! Would it be okay if you share with us your background, credentials, and/or experiences? Thanks!!!
Reply 48
Hey guys i've also received a certificate of offer at 5:41PM UK Time March 17th and this was one day after my upload button disappeared - best of luck to you all!
Reply 49
Original post by mcgivermchvbg
Hello. Congratulations!!! Would it be okay if you share with us your background, credentials, and/or experiences? Thanks!!!

Sure!

Indian BSc in Statistics, Mathematics with Minor in Economics. 9.31/10 GPA. 2 LORs from Stats professors and 1 from a research internship professor who has a PhD in Social Data science from Carnegie Mellon University.

1ish year of internship experience in data Analytics (mostly related to social media data)

1 research publication in a very small journal but related to social data science
Original post by noahryu
Hey guys i've also received a certificate of offer at 5:41PM UK Time March 17th and this was one day after my upload button disappeared - best of luck to you all!

Congratulations too!!!
2 am rejection here.. i dont know what I was expecting, why even get the hopes up
Still no response here. Why is it taking so long?
Original post by Oblivart
Don't get too worried. It just means a decision has been reached; it does not indicate in any way whether it was a rejection or admission. Simply put, it means you'll receive your results soon. Normally in two days, but it may also be within hours.

My upload button disappeared 18 days after I submitted my application (I applied for the March deadline) for SSI. Do you think it being gone so fast is meaning a rejection?

I also updated my CV through the department one day before the upload button disappeared so I thought maybe that affect it? But now I am really worried that I got rejected fast…

Do you by any chance know if for the March deadline the answers come out in May or earlier?

Sorry for long question just anxious!
Original post by waterbottle09
My upload button disappeared 18 days after I submitted my application (I applied for the March deadline) for SSI. Do you think it being gone so fast is meaning a rejection?

I also updated my CV through the department one day before the upload button disappeared so I thought maybe that affect it? But now I am really worried that I got rejected fast…

Do you by any chance know if for the March deadline the answers come out in May or earlier?

Sorry for long question just anxious!

Hey, no worries… I get it, we’re all anxious. To be honest, I think part-time applicants might be assessed differently and so far haven’t seen any offers for part-time.

The only reason full-time applicants have already assumed we’ll receive a rejection is because on Thursday our buttons disappeared at the same time. On Friday, the buttons of other two persons disappeared in the morning and shortly after they got offers.

The button disappearing in itself only means a decision has been reached. Could be rejection, admission or waitlist. It seems, though, that results come in batches. Thus, it makes sense for us, who had their buttons disappear of Thursday, not on Friday, to be worried. But, in your case, I don’t think it fits the pattern since you’re part-time.

So, I’d just wait a bit and see. From GradCafe you can see that admissions are not sent only in one batch, there could be another one.
Original post by Oblivart
Hey, no worries… I get it, we’re all anxious. To be honest, I think part-time applicants might be assessed differently and so far haven’t seen any offers for part-time.

The only reason full-time applicants have already assumed we’ll receive a rejection is because on Thursday our buttons disappeared at the same time. On Friday, the buttons of other two persons disappeared in the morning and shortly after they got offers.

The button disappearing in itself only means a decision has been reached. Could be rejection, admission or waitlist. It seems, though, that results come in batches. Thus, it makes sense for us, who had their buttons disappear of Thursday, not on Friday, to be worried. But, in your case, I don’t think it fits the pattern since you’re part-time.

So, I’d just wait a bit and see. From GradCafe you can see that admissions are not sent only in one batch, there could be another one.

Thank you for your answer. My button also disappeared on Thursday night - I noticed at around 7.30ishPM that's why I was worried. What time was yours gone?

You are right in saying we haven't heard anything from part-time people so that is keeping me a bit hopeful.

Good luck to you as well!
Original post by waterbottle09
Thank you for your answer. My button also disappeared on Thursday night - I noticed at around 7.30ishPM that's why I was worried. What time was yours gone?

You are right in saying we haven't heard anything from part-time people so that is keeping me a bit hopeful.

Good luck to you as well!

Mine disappeared around the time the Graduate Admissions Office closed (5ish PM - UK Time) on Thursday. To be honest, I already had my bad moment of anxiety last Friday night and mentally accepted a rejection. Anything from now on is profit, such as being waitlisted, but even that is a lottery.

Seeing in GradCafe that there may be two rounds of admissions gives me a little tiny bit of hope and, of course, the fact that this only truly ends with the email. Until then, I say we remain realistic, aware that a rejection does not mean our work was for nothing, nor that we aren't as intelligent as we think, that other institutions provide for opportunities that are just as good as Oxford's, but also hopeful for a good response.

Hopefully you'll be accepted! Best of luck to you.
Hello, I received my data access request. The assessor said that I have "very good grades but poor writing and nothing special".

For my data access request scores, I have two 3.5s and two 3s. For a total score of 13.

I also applied for the DPhil in ICSS and I was ranked 61 out of 240 plus applicants.
Reply 58
Original post by mcgivermchvbg
Hello, I received my data access request. The assessor said that I have "very good grades but poor writing and nothing special".

For my data access request scores, I have two 3.5s and two 3s. For a total score of 13.

I also applied for the DPhil in ICSS and I was ranked 61 out of 240 plus applicants.

how do you request for access? via email?
Original post by noahryu
how do you request for access? via email?

Send an email to [email protected]

Tell them you want access to all pertinent information related to your application. Attach a government ID in your email to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending