The Student Room Group

Reverse around bend/corner. Please please help me now

Different world here, I know this is not part of your test.

But struggling big time with it as it is part of my test.

There's observation, clutch control and steering to this move.

My main problem is the steering and how to get it/measure it right to not be close to side or far out on road

I just can't get it right.

Apart from looking in left side mirror I'm honestly guessing most of the time where I am.

I either give it too much steering or not enough. I can't be seen to be looking in side mirror all the time. It needs to be 360 degree looks

Observsation is a key part of them move even if there's nothing around me

Surely there's a trick to this steering part without it compromising the observation bit. I will probably never use it but its needed for my test.

Once again i know you its not part of test here.
you do not have to keep moving... you can pause after the first few feet, have a good look around, change your aim if you need, then do a bit more.

there is always something waiting to jump out... a child, a cat, an old lady .... always keep a lookout.
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
you do not have to keep moving... you can pause after the first few feet, have a good look around, change your aim if you need, then do a bit more.

there is always something waiting to jump out... a child, a cat, an old lady .... always keep a lookout.

Yeah that's what I mean by the observation. Even if theres nothing there, as you say the standard is based on something or someone being there

Maybe it's a spacial awareness thing with me, but I'm at only a 20/40% strike rate, but I think it's down to luck when I do succeed with it.

I'm probably more concerned with the observation and very very slow clutch control that leaves steering in a precarious postition then.

Right now I can even feel the pain and anguish with the car going slowly around the bend that I feel it's like never ending. Even if I wanted to fly around it and not overly worry about the steering I'm not permitted to do that either
It's one ponderous ###### move
Have a look a this - it describes how to do the reversing exercise in stages https://www.ukdrivingskills.co.uk/learning-to-drive/reverse-around-a-corner/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending