The Student Room Group

Is it weird to go on holiday on your own as a woman?

I’m planning on going to Monaco in May for a few nights ( staying in a 4* hotel so not going backpacking). My parents have already been to Monaco before I was born and won’t go again, mg friends are all in relationships so don’t really want to go because of their boyfriends and all my single friends either can’t afford it or are working abroad. I don’t want to wait around for other people, I’m perfectly wise and capable of looking after myself but I’m worried people ( ie mt friends ) will judge me for going on my own.
Why do you care about what other people think? If you want to travel, good heavens girl, travel! Don't base your decisions on what your friends may or may not think - it's your life, not theirs.

I don't personally find it weird in the slightest. If someone else does, so what?

Your life is your own, do whatever makes YOU happy.

Hell I'd travel the whole damned world on my own.
I have travelled on my own many times and no one has ever found it weird
Nope it isn't weird at all!! My fave influencer has been on holiday a few times on her own, and she talks about her experience about it. I think it is really brave and confident of you to go on your own. I'm not sure why your friends would judge you, and if they do, looks like it is time to make new friends. They should be supporting you on your decision :smile:.

So have fun girl and have an amazing time at Monaco!!! (Tad bit jealous ngl haha)
Not weird. Just normal and fun. No awkward debates about which kind of food to get while we all get ravenous and if I wanna hookup coz I found someone on the trip it's no prob.

Quick Reply

Latest