The Student Room Group

EPQ lit review help

How do you write an effective literature review for your EPQ?
I have already included the sources I have used elsewhere, but for the lit review do I need to talk about and evaluate them? so what do they state, and how does it relate to your project? Can you also talk about what you propose to do and why? or is it simply just research? I have gotten additional material that hasn't been mentioned until my lit review, would that be okay to use? I want to get a high grade so please can someone guide me?
Reply 1
hi! i think the point of the literature review is to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your sources eg academic studies, any primary research, theories you reference etc

my project divided neatly into three sections (ie chapters) so i did the same in my lit review - three paragraphs within which i evaluated the main couple of sources for that section

it helps to look at the value of a source as reliability, representativeness, and validity, maybe reference the strengths/weaknesses of the methodology used (eg questionnaires, experiments etc), whether it’s qualitative or quantitative data, and whether it lines up well with your overall argument and the general consensus on the topic
Reply 2
Original post by libby100
hi! i think the point of the literature review is to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your sources eg academic studies, any primary research, theories you reference etc

my project divided neatly into three sections (ie chapters) so i did the same in my lit review - three paragraphs within which i evaluated the main couple of sources for that section

it helps to look at the value of a source as reliability, representativeness, and validity, maybe reference the strengths/weaknesses of the methodology used (eg questionnaires, experiments etc), whether it’s qualitative or quantitative data, and whether it lines up well with your overall argument and the general consensus on the topic

Thank you!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending