The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do with my life

I don't have any goals and I'm not interested in any careers. I don't know what to do. I do all sciences for A-level and i applied for civil engineering at uni because my parents told me to but now I have no idea about what i want. I'm cancelling an interview i have for an apprenticeship which is tomorrow. I applied for an engineering/ tech one even though im not interested because I've gotten used to only considering jobs that pay lots. I have no hobbies either. I don't know what to do about my future
Original post by Bakugo27
I don't have any goals and I'm not interested in any careers. I don't know what to do. I do all sciences for A-level and i applied for civil engineering at uni because my parents told me to but now I have no idea about what i want. I'm cancelling an interview i have for an apprenticeship which is tomorrow. I applied for an engineering/ tech one even though im not interested because I've gotten used to only considering jobs that pay lots. I have no hobbies either. I don't know what to do about my future

hmm i often go through moments where i want to achieve so much and be the best i can and become a heart surgeon then study postgraduate and then get a phd to "idfc why am i doing this i want to do nothing" i kinda get you im in the same space bcs im also doing a levels all science i got into biomedical sciences but im taking a gap year cz i dont wanna do that i wanna do medicine, so we're same year ig (i think)
find something to do then.
Reply 3
Original post by oxfordking44
find something to do then.

I'll try
Reply 4
Original post by boba_drinker
hmm i often go through moments where i want to achieve so much and be the best i can and become a heart surgeon then study postgraduate and then get a phd to "idfc why am i doing this i want to do nothing" i kinda get you im in the same space bcs im also doing a levels all science i got into biomedical sciences but im taking a gap year cz i dont wanna do that i wanna do medicine, so we're same year ig (i think)

yeah I'm in Year 13
yeah I'm in Year 13

if its not the course is there any uni that inspires you for example oxford?
Reply 6
if its not the course is there any uni that inspires you for example oxford?

I guess so but i dont know what i'd study
I guess so but i dont know what i'd study

maybe you're restricting yourself to scientific degrees only?
What do you care about? What would get you out of bed in a morning, every morning?

A career can feel like a very nebulous thing but many people feel they need a purpose or direction - it seems to be in our nature as humans. And that purpose or direction can arise from our interests and passions. Or get fulfilled in our work

Most folks have to make money to live one way or another - but some folks are happy just to do something that makes money - no career, no work ambitions - and thats okay too

FWIW Scheins career drivers can be an interesting diagnostic if you can access it
Reply 9
maybe you're restricting yourself to scientific degrees only?

yeah i do that unconsciously i'll try to consider everything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending