The Student Room Group

Official Thread: Graduate Entry Dentistry 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsrdentist
They do interviews for quite a while. They interview more people than anyone else. And I would take them asking you for more info as a good sign as they haven't just straight up rejected. I got asked for more info in December and got my interview offer the other day!

Hi,

So after getting rejected by all 4 medical schools I really looked deep into what I wanted to do and realized dentistry is my passion. I am planning to do 4 years of pharmacy this September at Aston uni where I will get a master's degree I do not want to take a 2nd gap year after my degree which dental schools will accept me as a graduate? I am resitting A levels this year as well.
When do you think we will hear back from Kings?
Original post by Desperateteeth
When do you think we will hear back from Kings?

Like May lol
Original post by WhatdoIDO2023
Like May lol

But isnt May when rejections are sent out :frown:
Original post by Desperateteeth
But isnt May when rejections are sent out :frown:

Literally… I think KCL send their offers very late. Most by March I assume but KCL from March till May.
Reply 65
Do u think they're done sending out interviews?
King's normally sends out GPEP offers in April. I think if I remember properly different people received offers over a couple of weeks from first offers, but FOIs show most King's offers get accepted so rarely more than 20 are sent.
I’m literally shaking. Got rejected by Newcastle today. Just got my kings college graduate entry offer today!!!!! So happy :smile:
Reply 68
I’m literally shaking. Got rejected by Newcastle today. Just got my kings college graduate entry offer today!!!!! So happy :smile:

That’s fantastic! Congratulations 🎉 May I ask, are you international or home?
Original post by IP2022
That’s fantastic! Congratulations 🎉 May I ask, are you international or home?

I’m home x
Reply 70
It seems as though only one person on the thread has received an offer for grad entry which sounds odd. Surely, there would be more? Has anyone else received a grad offer?
Reply 71
Kings sends offers very randomly. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if they still sent some after the ucas deadline lol
Reply 72
My friend got in last year and that's what she heard from speaking with people in her cohort. The biggest batch was mid May but some people got offers really early whilst others got an offer after the ucas deadline
Reply 73
Yes

Original post by lewp29
and this was for graduate entry?
Original post by lewp29
So no one else has head back anything from graduate dentistry yet?

I’m not too sure about UCLAN as I haven’t applied there. Aberdeen has sent offers out, 10 I believe. I didn’t get one as of yet. I got an offer from grad entry kings and I only know of one other person at this moment of time. I got rejected from Newcastle. Haven’t heard back from Dundee or Aberdeen yet!
Original post by lewp29
do you know when the other person did their interview for kings. Also are they also a home student?

No idea! Just said they got an offer too for grad. I assume they’re home. Don’t know any other details / it’s so hard to say but trust me, my first reply was a rejection. You’ll get info soon so try not to overthink it cause you’ll just cause more stress (which is what I did and my skin is suffering cause of it). You’ll get where you’re meant to go!!! ❤️❤️❤️
Reply 76
But I just wonder if they gave all the offers yesterday, or if they are still gonna send some out.
Original post by reenyyy190303
Hi I wanted to ask if you got into dentistry? Kings college do not take account of A levels as long as your biomedical science degree covered all the sciences needed for the dentistry degree. QMUL, also doesn’t take into account a levels, you could check using their title degree checker to get onto the graduate course to see which degrees apply. I believe this only applies when you get a 2:1 in your degree, however be sure to double check. For the loans for undergraduate dentistry you will not be eligible for the tuition loan consisting of £9,250 yearly however maybe maintenance loans for the graduate entry however for the first year I believe SFE pay some and you have to pay the rest your self. Also from years 2-4 you will be funded by the nhs for bursaries, tuition fee and other eligible loans, which I don’t think you need to pay back. Please do let me know how it goes for you as I myself am planning to hopefully do dentistry graduate degree.

Hey! I got into kings college grad entry dentistry!! Woohoo
Reply 78

But you said you got the offer a week ago too? Did you get two offers?

Your actually stressing me out, your the only person on student room saying this. We need proof lol

Quick Reply

Latest