The Student Room Group

Official Thread: Graduate Entry Dentistry 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 13fmurphy
I'm in student accom and emailed kingsresidences to ask if I could move in a month early and they said that was okay so extended my contract! Its definitely worth asking x

Ayo they said no to me 🤣 I'll try again
Original post by tsrdentist
Ayo they said no to me 🤣 I'll try again

So they offered you a place first and then rejected you? Or were you on the waitlist?
Original post by cakePOP1122
So they offered you a place first and then rejected you? Or were you on the waitlist?

No I still have the offer to study lol

They said no to me moving in early
Original post by Kayyy30
Just received a rejection from Aberdeen ... so if you haven’t heard back from them yet then think positively!!!

Hi what was your ucat score because I know that Aberdeen are holistic:redface:
Reply 164
Original post by sdafsdffd
Hi, i'm in a very similar position. Failed A-levels got CEU (worse than you).GCSES where 6As and 2A*s 4BsGot into an access course which lead to doing Biomedical Sciences.Graduated last year with a 1st overall and 1st in my dissertation.Realised now i want to do dentistry. But not sure if i will be able to get graduate entry roles due to poor A-levels.But can't afford 5 year programme.

Hey did you end up applying?
Reply 165
Original post by WhatdoIDO2023
I haven’t heard anything yet!
1st in biomedical science, 2780 B2.

Hey what were your A-Level Stats if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by amz-397
Hey what were your A-Level Stats if you don't mind me asking?

CDD lol! I got in and I’ve started this year 🙂
Hi guys!

I’m currently in my second year of biomedical and i want to apply to grad entry dentistry. I’m super nervous for the UCAT (even tho booking hasn’t even opened😭) so do you guys have any advice for studying for the UCAT, work experience, personal statements and interviews?

I feel like there’s very little information available for grad entry students since its a course that not many people even get into, so I’d feel more at peace if people just gave stories about their application process (the ups and downs)
Original post by Justheartoread
Hi guys!
I’m currently in my second year of biomedical and i want to apply to grad entry dentistry. I’m super nervous for the UCAT (even tho booking hasn’t even opened😭) so do you guys have any advice for studying for the UCAT, work experience, personal statements and interviews?
I feel like there’s very little information available for grad entry students since its a course that not many people even get into, so I’d feel more at peace if people just gave stories about their application process (the ups and downs)
Do you apply DURING your final year for grad entry to dentistry? I thought ti was after you graduate. That is interesting. Where are you at the moment?
Original post by wouldbedentist
Do you apply DURING your final year for grad entry to dentistry? I thought ti was after you graduate. That is interesting. Where are you at the moment?
So from what I know, you apply during the beginning of your final year of your degree if you want to get into dentistry straight after. So you would start your application during the summer of your second year (UCAT, work experience, personal statement etc.) and then send your application by October of your final year. You would hope to get interviews and offers in the new year, so as soon as you graduate, you go straight into dent in the next academic year.

Idk if my explanation makes sense so I’ll put it into perspective:
I will start my application summer 2024, whilst I’m in second year. Then I send off my application October 2024 in my third year. I would start to receive interview invites and offers early 2025 in my third year. I would then go straight into dentistry in the summer of 2025.
So from what I know, you apply during the beginning of your final year of your degree if you want to get into dentistry straight after. So you would start your application during the summer of your second year (UCAT, work experience, personal statement etc.) and then send your application by October of your final year. You would hope to get interviews and offers in the new year, so as soon as you graduate, you go straight into dent in the next academic year.
Idk if my explanation makes sense so I’ll put it into perspective:
I will start my application summer 2024, whilst I’m in second year. Then I send off my application October 2024 in my third year. I would start to receive interview invites and offers early 2025 in my third year. I would then go straight into dentistry in the summer of 2025.
Thanks. That is really helpful!
Hi guys!
Hi!

I'm in grad first year dental student at QMUL and I did neuroscience as my first degree

For the UCAT, I bought a subscription to Medify (for like 2-3 months) and did this religiously everyday until my exam. I even made a fake result sheet and stuck it up on my wall and looked at it everyday imaging getting those grades. If you put your all into preparation and studying there's nothing to be nervous about.

In terms of work experience, try and get shadowing experience at a dental clinic, if not get any experience helping out others (old age home, care home). The most important part of the experience is relating it to a dentists role in your personal statement and interview (e.g. using teamwork to help out the elderly just like a dentist would in their team).

For personal statements, you really need to stand out. What's your unfair advantage? (for me it was 10 yrs experience in St John Ambulance) It could be a personal experience which you can write into your narrative of why you want to do dentistry, what you have done to pursue this career and what you learnt.

The big tip I have for interviews is breathe and relax. When they ask you a question, pause, collect your thoughts and formulate a structured answer. Medify also have a £25 interview course which teaches you how to formulate an answer and gives you a question bank. Let others, like your friends (better if they are in the dental/ medical field) interview you with these questions and practice forming answers on the spot. I know spending money on medify might be a much for some people but it really helped me and I thought the cost of being rejected is more than the cost of medify.

I make videos on youtube helping grads get into dental school (its the same as my name) so they might be helpful for you too! Hope this helped
Original post by Harigowre
Hi!
I'm in grad first year dental student at QMUL and I did neuroscience as my first degree
For the UCAT, I bought a subscription to Medify (for like 2-3 months) and did this religiously everyday until my exam. I even made a fake result sheet and stuck it up on my wall and looked at it everyday imaging getting those grades. If you put your all into preparation and studying there's nothing to be nervous about.
In terms of work experience, try and get shadowing experience at a dental clinic, if not get any experience helping out others (old age home, care home). The most important part of the experience is relating it to a dentists role in your personal statement and interview (e.g. using teamwork to help out the elderly just like a dentist would in their team).
For personal statements, you really need to stand out. What's your unfair advantage? (for me it was 10 yrs experience in St John Ambulance) It could be a personal experience which you can write into your narrative of why you want to do dentistry, what you have done to pursue this career and what you learnt.
The big tip I have for interviews is breathe and relax. When they ask you a question, pause, collect your thoughts and formulate a structured answer. Medify also have a £25 interview course which teaches you how to formulate an answer and gives you a question bank. Let others, like your friends (better if they are in the dental/ medical field) interview you with these questions and practice forming answers on the spot. I know spending money on medify might be a much for some people but it really helped me and I thought the cost of being rejected is more than the cost of medify.
I make videos on youtube helping grads get into dental school (its the same as my name) so they might be helpful for you too! Hope this helped
Thank you so much!! This was really helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest