The Student Room Group

Did bad in yr 12 mocks, Worried about predicted grades.

Hi, I've just done my first yr 12 winter mocks. I got CCD, but I need AAB to get into the uni I want. Can I realistically improve my predicted grades to AAB by the end of the A-Level course?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kashmiryy
Hi, I've just done my first yr 12 winter mocks. I got CCD, but I need AAB to get into the uni I want. Can I realistically improve my predicted grades to AAB by the end of the A-Level course?

yeah it's super early days. Ig consider what went wrong, if ur working in the right way etc... what did u get for gcses, and what do your teachers say?

Hi there.

Predicted grades don't necessarily mean anything. I recommend working your hardest to try and convince your teachers to predict you higher. You still have plenty of time to do this as UCAS deadlines are still over 6 months away.

Best wishes.
hi im year 12 too and i got BED for my winter mocks,and im not sure the winter mocks predictions arent what counts to your final grade,i think its more so the end of year 12 mocks and year 13 mocks and if you do a essay based subjects perhaps a coursework as well
so I'm pretty sure if you put in the work for your year 12 moks and later mocks in the future,you pretty much wont need these winter mooks to be the be all end all solution to your final grade,IDK good luck for both me and you
(edited 2 years ago)

Yes you can realistically improve but you have to put in the work. Revise effectively, don't focus on uni, focus on your grades:smile:
ask if your school will do resits as when i first sat my year 12 mocks i got CDD, but resitting i went up to BB and i am not sure for the third grade my teacher never gave me my grade. i was consistently getting C/Ds in year 12 with a smatterings of Bs and one A and got predicted BBB in the end. your teachers want you to do well and they will be nice to you, as i was originally predicted BBC but spoke to my teacher and got the C changed to a B. work hard and communicate honestly with your teachers and they'' try their best to be helpful. unfortunately they have to be optimistic but realistic so they if they don't think a grade is possible from you they won't put it,this is because if they start predicting wildly, it tarnishes the schools predictive system on ucas and the unis may be more harsh towards potential applicants from your school as they will be marked with the school predicting too high. i hope that makes sense!
Reply 6
Thanks everyone for the advice, It's very helpful and I will take it on board. Also for anyone else viewing this thread gl with your courses :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest