The Student Room Group

ucas application/predicted grades help!

Hi everyone,

So im in yr 12 and im looking at aac for my predicted grades at the moment, i'd like to apply to queen marys and a few others for cs/comp engineering. Many unis im applying to require aaa or abb. If i don't meet the entry requirement exactly, should I still apply? Do they give some leeway on the grades that can I apply with? Also, lets say i dont meet the grades but the personal statement is really good, can I still be offered a place?

Thanks to anyone who replies
Original post by mskr710
Hi everyone,

So im in yr 12 and im looking at aac for my predicted grades at the moment, i'd like to apply to queen marys and a few others for cs/comp engineering. Many unis im applying to require aaa or abb. If i don't meet the entry requirement exactly, should I still apply? Do they give some leeway on the grades that can I apply with? Also, lets say i dont meet the grades but the personal statement is really good, can I still be offered a place?

Thanks to anyone who replies

what subject did you get the C in? try get it up
Reply 2
I got it in further maths, but i feel like i dont have any more genuine chances to get it up, my mocks are done (the next mock is only in jan for my school)
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
The usual advice for your 5 UCAS choices is :

1 or 2 just above your predicted grades - 1 grade, and not in a critical subject. Risky - you may not get offers.
2 or 3 at your predicted grades - you are most likely to get offers from these choices.
1 choice a few grades below your predicted grades - Insurance choice in case you mess up next August.

How to Avoid 5 Rejections - read it all carefully - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending