The Student Room Group

264 - Counter Fraud, Compliance and Debt (CFCD) HEO Investigator - National

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm waiting on Glasgow. I emailed recruitment and asked what was the criteria for being offered a position immediately and not being placed on reserve. Got a response saying the positions are full and if anymore come up, I'll be offered one. Have emailed again as they didn't actually answer the question.

Frustrating to be told you've been placed on a reserve list with little to no information as to why.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by 6075
I'm waiting on Glasgow. I emailed recruitment and asked what was the criteria for being offered a position immediately and not being placed on reserve. Got a response saying the positions are full and if anymore come up, I'll be offered one. Have emailed again as they didn't actually answer the question.

Frustrating to be told you've been placed on a reserve list with little to no information as to why.

I agree, this is where I think they need more transparency. I said before, I've seen someone with the same scores as me, not placed on a reserve. How does that work too? There must be another "hidden" criteria they judge upon...for offering or placing on reserve or not giving either. I personally think due to this, that dwp reserves are complete farces as I stated previously. I find it hard to believe some people have said they were reserved then offered s few days later off these as I don't believe these lists work the same as other departments. Firstly they are always only 6 months. They recruit who they want, then a small number are recruited if people fail checks or decline, talking very small, then they run out on time. I've heard it time again with DWP. Its not really fair recruitment in that sense as it gives false hope!
Reply 42
Also again, when people say "but they keep you in mind for any similar position"... But do they though? Take a look there are posts advertised all the time HEO, locations same, competency same, did you get offered that role? Again, sadly it's a line dwp use which offers false hope.
They really don't work like HMRC or others who do large recruitment campaigns, then will offer for positions in various departments.
Reply 43
Had my reply about reserve list position- basically they aren’t obliged to tell us…. 🙄
Reply 44
Original post by Robbo86
Had my reply about reserve list position- basically they aren’t obliged to tell us…. 🙄

Dwp reserves are a farce, this prooves my point I didn't know this before! Why no clarity? I know my position of my HMRC reserves!
Reply 45
Original post by Jpogk
Dwp reserves are a farce, this prooves my point I didn't know this before! Why no clarity? I know my position of my HMRC reserves!

Crazy if you ask me, how can it all be so vague?
Reply 46
Original post by Robbo86
Crazy if you ask me, how can it all be so vague?

Its not right. It really isn't! If you are really interested in this post or about this role etc, you could always do a freedom of information on it. I was reading one the other day for one of the HMRC campaigns, someone had asked how many they had on the reserves, were they actively recruiting off etc...
Reply 47
Original post by Jpogk
I agree, this is where I think they need more transparency. I said before, I've seen someone with the same scores as me, not placed on a reserve. How does that work too? There must be another "hidden" criteria they judge upon...for offering or placing on reserve or not giving either. I personally think due to this, that dwp reserves are complete farces as I stated previously. I find it hard to believe some people have said they were reserved then offered s few days later off these as I don't believe these lists work the same as other departments. Firstly they are always only 6 months. They recruit who they want, then a small number are recruited if people fail checks or decline, talking very small, then they run out on time. I've heard it time again with DWP. Its not really fair recruitment in that sense as it gives false hope!

Original post by 6075

Well I got a response from recruitment advising they aren't provided with this information in relation to the criteria for being selected. Now if recruitment can't advise on this, who the hell can? Farcical. You ask simple questions and get absolutely nothing back.
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone on the reserve list received an application update email?
Reply 49
Original post by Shonky66
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone on the reserve list received an application update email?

Yes I got one on the 14th April. Probably just a generic e-mail though.
I received a provisional offer Email on the 14th April. I was on the reserve list. The offer said, depending on checks and availability in your location. Crazy they dont know how many they need and where before paying for checks.
Original post by Choppa1980
I received a provisional offer Email on the 14th April. I was on the reserve list. The offer said, depending on checks and availability in your location. Crazy they dont know how many they need and where before paying for checks.

Well done and congratulations.
Can I ask what location you applied for please?
Original post by Shonky66
Well done and congratulations.
Can I ask what location you applied for please?

Newcastle, as i say though its not formal. They need to check availability, i find this strange though. Surely they should know where they need people for before provisional offers go out.
Newcastle, as i say though its not formal. They need to check availability, i find this strange though. Surely they should know where they need people for before provisional offers go out.

You would think they should know but fingers crossed for you anyway.
Reply 54

Well done on at least getting a provisional offer. I've been on a reserve list for four previous civil service jobs and always been offered a role so hopefully that trend continues with DWP. Hopefully you get a formal offer once the relevant checks are completed.
Just to encourage everyone on reserve list. I received an offer in April and I’m currently in my 2nd week of training. From what I here, there’ll be another recruitment campaign soon and more people will be pulled from this reserve list.
What location? I received offer in March and still waiting for a confirmed start date for Newcastle!
So you received a provisional offer in April and were DBS and SC cleared, then onboaded in less than 4 weeks?? Really?? That's an extremely fast turnaround on a role that has been plagued with onboading delays....
No DBS necessary, already DWP employee
Original post by BANDIDO
What location? I received offer in March and still waiting for a confirmed start date for Newcastle!

London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending