The Student Room Group

Edinburgh A100 / MBChB for HCP 2022 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Got an offer yesterday! Grad student in Neuroscience from UCL!
Original post by 15011501
Hey me too :smile: congrats on your offer!!

Thank you :smile: Congrats to you too! Is Edinburgh your 1st choice as well?
Reply 22
got an offer yesterday! scottish school leaver, likely to firm :smile:
Original post by alexandraeylul
Thank you :smile: Congrats to you too! Is Edinburgh your 1st choice as well?

Yes 100%!! I'm just waiting to hear back from UCL and Bristol so I can firm it - so exciting ahh:smile:!!!
Yes 100%!! I'm just waiting to hear back from UCL and Bristol so I can firm it - so exciting ahh:smile:!!!

I applied to Bristol as well! Currently waiting to hear back from them, Nottingham, KCL. What was your 4th choice? Did you already get an offer from them?
I applied to Bristol as well! Currently waiting to hear back from them, Nottingham, KCL. What was your 4th choice? Did you already get an offer from them?

I applied for oxford but got rejected post-interview, no big deal though cos I really like all my choices!
Does anyone know when we'll get an offer holders day?!
I applied for oxford but got rejected post-interview, no big deal though cos I really like all my choices!

Fair enough. I heard from so many people that Edinburgh is one of the best for medicine so hopefully we’ll do well there. I stirred away from taking the BMAT as I was happy with my UCAT score, although I did want to apply to Cambridge. But knowing what happened with the BMAT, I’m glad I didnt sit it 😭
Fair enough. I heard from so many people that Edinburgh is one of the best for medicine so hopefully we’ll do well there. I stirred away from taking the BMAT as I was happy with my UCAT score, although I did want to apply to Cambridge. But knowing what happened with the BMAT, I’m glad I didnt sit it 😭

The BMAT was so not worth it😭idk what i was thinking....i got lucky though cos we didnt have any tech issues but the whole thing was still a nightmare. Im so happy w Edinburgh I dont care though!!
Original post by Ew123456
Does anyone know when we'll get an offer holders day?!

I was invited to a widening access offer holders day today but have not received a medicine-specific offer holders day invite yet. Perhaps within the next couple of weeks?
Reply 30
International applicant from Canada :smile:
How are graduate entry medical students funding their degree? Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by anonymous290199
How are graduate entry medical students funding their degree? Does anyone have any advice?

I work this year and have some savings. I know you can get a student loan from SAAS (£5750 per year) or from SFE (not sure how much). I plan to live at home so another spending saved. I know you can also get a bursary from the university but it's only limited to Scottish students. So I'd say for Scottish students, it's absolutely doable but for RUK, I'd say definitely take that loan from SFE and work (if you haven't) till September and potentially have a part-time job during term time. Hope that helps.
Original post by abh27sss
I work this year and have some savings. I know you can get a student loan from SAAS (£5750 per year) or from SFE (not sure how much). I plan to live at home so another spending saved. I know you can also get a bursary from the university but it's only limited to Scottish students. So I'd say for Scottish students, it's absolutely doable but for RUK, I'd say definitely take that loan from SFE and work (if you haven't) till September and potentially have a part-time job during term time. Hope that helps.

Hi, that’s a great plan you’ve got. Can I ask, the bursary isn’t it available for only first degree applicants
Original post by Glory2344
Hi, that’s a great plan you’ve got. Can I ask, the bursary isn’t it available for only first degree applicants

Yeah, you are right. I just checked. I guess the student loan and my saving and potentially part-time work will constitute my main income sources.
Original post by abh27sss
Yeah, you are right. I just checked. I guess the student loan and my saving and potentially part-time work will constitute my main income sources.

That’s my plan as well. It’s fine 😅we’ve got this!!
For those of you planning part-time work to fund your studies, do you reckon it's feasible? In one of my interviews (dundee or edinburgh, can't remember) one of the current students was asked whether it's manageable to work alongside your studies and he advised to avoid it at all costs. I work 1 day a week currently and would like to continue this due to the experience I gain (it's in a pharmacy) and the money but I don't want my studies to be sacrificed. Edinburgh is incredibly expensive to live in too so I would need this additional money to study there.
Reply 37
Original post by bunbunbun
For those of you planning part-time work to fund your studies, do you reckon it's feasible? In one of my interviews (dundee or edinburgh, can't remember) one of the current students was asked whether it's manageable to work alongside your studies and he advised to avoid it at all costs. I work 1 day a week currently and would like to continue this due to the experience I gain (it's in a pharmacy) and the money but I don't want my studies to be sacrificed. Edinburgh is incredibly expensive to live in too so I would need this additional money to study there.

I think it is feasible to work once a week, as long as you're able to really manage your time. I know someone who works one or two days a week in med school and she's doing fine. It's just all about balancing your studies with work :smile:
Original post by hinwit
I think it is feasible to work once a week, as long as you're able to really manage your time. I know someone who works one or two days a week in med school and she's doing fine. It's just all about balancing your studies with work :smile:

Thank you for your reply. I'm probably overthinking it when I haven't even begun the course yet! A couple of the locum pharmacists I work with actually study medicine so it must be manageable with the right mindset and work ethic you're right (:
Reply 39
Has anyone else firmed Edinburgh yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending