The Student Room Group

I want to reduce the sugar in my diet.

I would like to drink coffee without sugar in it. Will I eventually get used to the taste? Have you tried anything like this?
Reply 1
yes you will :smile:
coffee is pretty nice in all ways,
but at first its bitter, but if u keep drinking it'll taste better :smile: u can use sweeteners too
I used to have sugar in tea, I reduced that down and now I very rarely like sugar in tea (unless I need a sugar boost :tongue: ) - it's definitely possible to :smile:
cut down your sugar gradually.eventually you will be able to do without. or use sweetners.
Reply 4
I went cold turkey and gave up sugar in tea and coffee for Lent one year; never went back to having it. Don't ever have it on cereal now, either.
i drink tea without sugar, but coffee has to have sugar :yep:
It’s possible, but I love sugar in my tea, it’s like life’s biggest pleasure:tongue: Just wean yourself off gradually and cut out other sugars instead if you like sweet coffee
Try different coffees too - the sugar can mask some bad coffees. Find one you like :smile:
Reply 8
You can definitely get used to it and then it will feel strange if you do have sugar. Go for good quality coffee, to an extent sugar is a flavour enhancer, so if the flavour is there you don’t need it
I drink my coffee black and it's fine. If it is high quality coffee, you will appreciate the taste much more without sugar.

I don't add sugar to anything really.

Quick Reply

Latest