The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thebread3
Isn’t it Barts and not St Georges?

Sorry I keep mking that mistake. For me, I didnt want to be in London so I kept confusing the twp:smile:
Original post by _Rusty_
Sorry I keep mking that mistake. For me, I didnt want to be in London so I kept confusing the twp:smile:

😂 no problem, just got worried for a sec that I had the two mixed up (but the other way) :smile:
What type of accommodations are you guys looking for?
And how do we got about deciding which one to choose cause I didnt attend the open day I didnt see any of the accommodations.
Im looking for en suite self catered
Hi. Just needed info from anyone who can help. I am an EU national with pre settled status and been living in UK for past three years. I am living in England got home fee because of EU. Do I apply to SAAS or Student finance England??? I called SFE and they said I should apply with SAAS . Any idea?
Thanks
Original post by Shoaib1234
Hi. Just needed info from anyone who can help. I am an EU national with pre settled status and been living in UK for past three years. I am living in England got home fee because of EU. Do I apply to SAAS or Student finance England??? I called SFE and they said I should apply with SAAS . Any idea?
Thanks

If SFE said you should apply with SAAS surely that is your answer. I got an email a couple of weeks after applying to tell me my fee status. If you are still concerned, email St A.
Original post by _Rusty_
If SFE said you should apply with SAAS surely that is your answer. I got an email a couple of weeks after applying to tell me my fee status. If you are still concerned, email St A.

STA told me i have home fee status however not sure about SAAS. They are saying I can get tuition fee loan but not the maintenance one.
STA told me i have home fee status however not sure about SAAS. They are saying I can get tuition fee loan but not the maintenance one.

We don't know your Personal Details, this is something to clarify with St A. It's important you know who to apply through and atm you don't
Reply 47
Is accomodation first come first serve? and if we're medics do they put us closer to the hospital?
Original post by cagvwm
Is accomodation first come first serve? and if we're medics do they put us closer to the hospital?

No the deadlinee is in June (30th I believe) and then accommodation is sorted. As St Andrews clinical years are at a partner hospital, I don't imagine that would be taken into account.
Just found this. Don't know how accurate it is but it might be of use: https://flyingstart.st-andrews.ac.uk/flyingstart/
Original post by _Rusty_
Just found this. Don't know how accurate it is but it might be of use: https://flyingstart.st-andrews.ac.uk/flyingstart/

Awesome! Thanks so much! How did you find this?
Does anyone know how much holidays we're getting
Reply 52
Original post by mahmoud123
Does anyone know how much holidays we're getting

Semester dates are published on website. Medics have the same term dates as other students for the first three years (unlike other universities where medics get reduced holidays) https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/semester-dates/2022-2023/
Original post by TCL
Semester dates are published on website. Medics have the same term dates as other students for the first three years (unlike other universities where medics get reduced holidays) https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/semester-dates/2022-2023/

Is that not a massive advantage:tongue:
Reply 54
Is that not a massive advantage:tongue:

My son isn't complaining about getting 3.5 months off in the summer! I think it is only Oxbridge and St Andrews which do it like that. Of course when you go to the clinical partner school you will lose those lovely long holidays.
Original post by TCL
My son isn't complaining about getting 3.5 months off in the summer! I think it is only Oxbridge and St Andrews which do it like that. Of course when you go to the clinical partner school you will lose those lovely long holidays.

I've got some important questions that- since your son is studying there- I'd like to pm you about, of course if you are alright with that :biggrin:
Reply 56
Has anyone ever heard of a student being able to bypass one of the 3 years at St. Andrews? Of the offers I have I would rather go to St. Andrews for geographic reasons, but as a 30 something graduate who already has a BSc the extra year is a big put off
I suspect the answer to this is no but thought I’d double check before deciding
Reply 57
I've got some important questions that- since your son is studying there- I'd like to pm you about, of course if you are alright with that :biggrin:

That is fine
Original post by xxxhazalxxx1
Awesome! Thanks so much! How did you find this?

I was wondering whether we'd need a stethoscope because i know we have preclinical/clinical split but I also know they spent a tonne on clinical practice equiptment-Resus annies and the like.

So i searched something like 'do we need stethoscope St Andrews medicine' and it was on the first page.

It looks like they are just starting to make the site so im quite lucky to find it
Thanks

Hi, my daughter is in a similar position. Talked to SAAS and they said she needs to apply to SFE.
She'd been to Aberdeen's offer holder day today and they said the same.

Latest

Trending

Trending