The Student Room Group

Bristol A100 / A108 2022 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ptptpt
Me too! I've been waiting desperately to be able to post here and I'm so happy I finally can. Congrats everyone! Are you all planning on firming Bristol? Personally, I probably will but I'm still struggling to pick between Bristol and Newcastle as my firm. Any advice/suggestions would be great :smile:

Omg I’m struggling to pick between the same unis! I’m gonna wait till after the offer holder days. I’m still still waiting to hear back from King’s as well
Reply 21
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Omg I’m struggling to pick between the same unis! I’m gonna wait till after the offer holder days. I’m still still waiting to hear back from King’s as well

Omg really? Hahaha we might end up at the same place then! Yeah, waiting till after offer-holder days seems like a good idea but idk if the accommodation at Bristol is given on a first-come-first-serve basis so I'm a little hesitant. Anyways, hope to chat with you more soon and good luck for King's! :smile:
Original post by ptptpt
Omg really? Hahaha we might end up at the same place then! Yeah, waiting till after offer-holder days seems like a good idea but idk if the accommodation at Bristol is given on a first-come-first-serve basis so I'm a little hesitant. Anyways, hope to chat with you more soon and good luck for King's! :smile:

Ahaha that would be nice! Yeah irdk about accommodation and all that stuff lol, I’m so clueless 😂. If only King’s would get back to me now I’d be able to make a final decision. Hope to see you at the offer holder’s events! Are you going to Newcastle’s?
Reply 23
Ahaha that would be nice! Yeah irdk about accommodation and all that stuff lol, I’m so clueless 😂. If only King’s would get back to me now I’d be able to make a final decision. Hope to see you at the offer holder’s events! Are you going to Newcastle’s?

Yeah honestly even I don’t really know what’s happening, but we’ll figure it out I’m sure. God I’m sure the wait must be frustrating. Hoping you hear soon! And yes, I’ll be there at Newcastle’s virtual offer holder’s event because I’m international. Unfortunately won’t be seeing you if you’re going to the in-person offer-holders day but I hope you have a great time! Wish I could’ve visited the uni and city but just making the best of the internet to do my research right now lmao
Original post by ptptpt
Yeah honestly even I don’t really know what’s happening, but we’ll figure it out I’m sure. God I’m sure the wait must be frustrating. Hoping you hear soon! And yes, I’ll be there at Newcastle’s virtual offer holder’s event because I’m international. Unfortunately won’t be seeing you if you’re going to the in-person offer-holders day but I hope you have a great time! Wish I could’ve visited the uni and city but just making the best of the internet to do my research right now lmao

Oh I’d forgotten you’re international!! It makes your offers even more impressive!! I’m going to the in-person one as I’ve managed to get the time off work. I’m sure we’ll work out all the logistical stuff eventually :smile:
Original post by ptptpt

With Bristol, you just have to firm and apply for accommodation by a certain date (30th June I think) ans put in your accom preferences and then it’s allocated to you once your place is confirmed after results day, so you’ll be fine for that if you wanted to wait x
Original post by caitlinmeadwell
With Bristol, you just have to firm and apply for accommodation by a certain date (30th June I think) ans put in your accom preferences and then it’s allocated to you once your place is confirmed after results day, so you’ll be fine for that if you wanted to wait x

Omg thanks so much for this info!!
Finally able to join this thread!! Congrats fellow offer holders! :smile:

Unbelievably happy for you! You deserve it so much!
Reply 28
Oh I’d forgotten you’re international!! It makes your offers even more impressive!! I’m going to the in-person one as I’ve managed to get the time off work. I’m sure we’ll work out all the logistical stuff eventually :smile:

Aw thank you so much!! Hope you have a great time at the offer-holders day :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by caitlinmeadwell

Oh, that's great then. Thank you so much for letting us know!
Original post by ptptpt
Aw thank you so much!! Hope you have a great time at the offer-holders day :smile:

Thank you!! I hope you have a great time at the online one! :smile:
Hey so I have two quick questions:
1. For those who received ‘congratulations on your offer’ letters from Bristol, was there a number in the bottom left corner and the ride side of the envelope? For example, mine said 224 on both so I’m wondering if I’m their 224th offer holder. I’m thinking that maybe the highest number someone’s got is the number of offers Bristol has currently sent out (they have c. 251 places)

2. When registering for an offer holders event, do we have the option to add guests? My booking says 0 guests on it, but ideally I’d bring two. I can’t see an option to amend this on the form though
1. For those who received ‘congratulations on your offer’ letters from Bristol, was there a number in the bottom left corner and the ride side of the envelope? For example, mine said 224 on both so I’m wondering if I’m their 224th offer holder. I’m thinking that maybe the highest number someone’s got is the number of offers Bristol has currently sent out (they have c. 251 places)

2. When registering for an offer holders event, do we have the option to add guests? My booking says 0 guests on it, but ideally I’d bring two. I can’t see an option to amend this on the form though

I haven't checked 1. but for 2. any guests had to stay in the cafe area and only offer holders were allowed to attend the tour and other activities. There are campus tours which you can book in advance too.
Original post by Ria_xx2022
I haven't checked 1. but for 2. any guests had to stay in the cafe area and only offer holders were allowed to attend the tour and other activities. There are campus tours which you can book in advance too.

Thank you so much! That’s different to UEA and Newcastle where there was a specific program for guests

I had the same thought but didn’t want to start a conspiracy 😂 mine said 132
Original post by ella2611
I had the same thought but didn’t want to start a conspiracy 😂 mine said 132

Ahaha yeah that was my one reservation about posting it. I feel like that’s the logical explanation though 😂
Ahaha yeah that was my one reservation about posting it. I feel like that’s the logical explanation though 😂

I’m glad you said it because it’s genuinely been on my mind for weeks 😂
Original post by ella2611
I’m glad you said it because it’s genuinely been on my mind for weeks 😂

Ahaha fair enough 😂 mine only came yesterday (I was put on hold twice post-int) so I guess that adds weight to the theory lol
Thank you so much! That’s different to UEA and Newcastle where there was a specific program for guests

There's a virtual event for parents but that's in a few weeks.

Also, checked my letter and I'm 259, I was going to say maybe it's alaphabetical but maybe you're on to something...
Original post by Ria_xx2022
There's a virtual event for parents but that's in a few weeks.

Also, checked my letter and I'm 259, I was going to say maybe it's alaphabetical but maybe you're on to something...

That’s interesting, thanks! I’ll let my parents know :smile:

You got your offer ages ago though didn’t you? I thought you were in quite an early batch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending