The Student Room Group

What job should I apply for in the RAF?

Am currently 17 and am sitting my A levels in a few months. I really do not fancy an office job and i’ve always been fascinated with the RAF since i’ve lived near a base for most of my life. I have 10 GCSEs and hopefully 3 A levels by august (BCC). I would like something that’s hands on that’s different everyday (preferable not a mechanic like role) and would allow me to travel with decent pay. Am currently interested in WSO and WSOp.
I know very little about the RAF in general so i do apologise for any stupid questions or responses i provide.

1) what other roles would you suggest that i look into
2) what specific aircraft would you say i MIGHT work on as a WSO or WSOp
3) do you think i shouldn’t be applying at all as of right now
4) just any advice in general would be amazing :smile:

Many thanks
Original post by LukasPukas97
Am currently 17 and am sitting my A levels in a few months. I really do not fancy an office job and i’ve always been fascinated with the RAF since i’ve lived near a base for most of my life. I have 10 GCSEs and hopefully 3 A levels by august (BCC). I would like something that’s hands on that’s different everyday (preferable not a mechanic like role) and would allow me to travel with decent pay. Am currently interested in WSO and WSOp.
I know very little about the RAF in general so i do apologise for any stupid questions or responses i provide.

1) what other roles would you suggest that i look into
2) what specific aircraft would you say i MIGHT work on as a WSO or WSOp
3) do you think i shouldn’t be applying at all as of right now
4) just any advice in general would be amazing :smile:

Many thanks

What are you good at? WSO is always welcome in the RAF from what I've heard.

Quick Reply

Latest