The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Paper 1 7402/1 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine11111
not sure,but doesnt really make sense to me coz then the example would be why does this one enzyme cataylse 2 substrates,then u can say coz i t has 2 binding sites, i acyually saw a q like that

It’s the same tertiary structure, you are right.

Enzymes are just like anything else that has to bind to a binding site to cause a reaction for example, drugs and drugs have to mimic the structure of the naturally occurring chemical that usually binds to the binding site- structure is always key here. (I hope that made sense lol)
Original post by Amir1380
Guys for the last question where you had compare the fish gas exhange to the mammalian one I said coronary arteries and aorta compared artery and sth along those lines what do you think the answer was actually to this question ?

i said no double circulatory system,and i searched it up after exam and it was correct, but for the second box i put something so random i cant remember but defo wrong
Original post by sunshine11111
lol it cant be degenerate code, because that would code for the SAME AMINO ACIDS and the q was saying how could they catalyse the same reaction with Different amino acid sequence. i said the same thing as u did, the same positions of ionic,disulphide and h bonds so same tertiary structure, i mean what else could it be
so dw about it i know the majority of ppl said what we didx

i mentioned that the changes werent in active site so it could still form enzyme-substrate complex?
any thread for paper 2??
Original post by BrightBlueStar11
any thread for paper 2??

these should be the links to the other papers:
AQA A Level Biology Paper 2 7402/2 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]
AQA A Level Biology Paper 3 7402/3 - 24 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]
Original post by chxlsae
i mentioned that the changes werent in active site so it could still form enzyme-substrate complex?

ur probably getting a mark for that
Original post by chxlsae

me too
Original post by newgoose
I (and a lot of people from my school) found paper 1 very hard, i think that it seems like it was an easy paper because those who found it easy are more likely to say than those that found it hard. I'm sure that you'll be fine, you can do this :smile: !

I know this is a late reply but.
Also people are asking about questions they think they got right but you don't know that they got all the others right so they are only going to ask about questions they have done well in and it might make the paper seem easier as people have gotten different questions correct so it makes it seem like people have got all the questions right
Does anyone remember the questions about the water potential of the mangrove cells????
my handwriting is decently neat but during exams the tables are so small and the time pressure makes my handwriting messy

Would they still be able to read clearly? cause what if they can’t be arsed to read it so skip lines and give a random mark
Original post by aaaadammmm
my handwriting is decently neat but during exams the tables are so small and the time pressure makes my handwriting messy

Would they still be able to read clearly? cause what if they can’t be arsed to read it so skip lines and give a random mark

Don’t panic! 9x out of 10 it’ll be okay, my handwriting is pretty bad and I think if they really can’t read it they’re supposed to go to the head examiner person and they’ll determine if it’s legible but I think you’ll probs be ok bc everyone has messy handwriting on the day :smile: 👍
Original post by Hotheaded
Hb is made up of globin, heme and Iron the RBC is a carrier for Oxygen but it also can bind to CO2 (although this is at a different site)

Without going into pointless detail about RBC’s (irrelevant to this level) I would assume the answer would probably be haemoglobin but without seeing the mark scheme have no idea if the components (heme, Fe, globin) would be acceptable answers

It’s also not many marks anyway and I know how it feels to stress on little slip ups- please don’t worry if you put Fe etc!

Thanks! you're right its only 1 mark
Original post by amxliax
tbf - writing “denatured enzyme” is kinda vague for the question as there were two specified enzymes

right, so imma pray distilled water is correct
can you send it to me too!!
Original post by _notursavior
Okk, I'll put them on google drive and send a link your way, if anyone else is interested Idm sending it.
It's from my school + stuff I found online.
Reply 1815
Original post by techwiz12345
same thooo my teachers literally dont teach us and we've had to learn everything ourselves ! Hate bio

Original post by tbg1213
ok cool, i was just worried we were behind 🥲 we're doing homeostasis and gene tech!

hey, I don't know if you still use this website but can you please confirm if the papers the website is selling are actually the 2022 paper 1 exam paper? I want to buy one but I need to be careful with my spendings and it would be great help!
Reply 1816
Original post by marryum
hey, I don't know if you still use this website but can you please confirm if the papers the website is selling are actually the 2022 paper 1 exam paper? I want to buy one but I need to be careful with my spendings and it would be great help!

What website? General advice tho is not to spend money on past papers, just use other exam series available on aqa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending