The Student Room Group

can you wear jewelry as a medical student

I have a really thin chain that I wear, and it is quite difficult to remove on a regular basis. When I join med skl in September, I was wondering if this will be a problem? Especially if I have to go to GPs/Hospitals?
Original post by the.cricketer
I have a really thin chain that I wear, and it is quite difficult to remove on a regular basis. When I join med skl in September, I was wondering if this will be a problem? Especially if I have to go to GPs/Hospitals?

It's not going to be an issue at university, but you'd need to refer to the Dress Code and Uniform Policy of the trust/surgery that you're at whilst on a clinical placement. Generally speaking, it's not appropriate for clinical staff to wear any form of jewellery apart from a plain wedding band or single studs in each ear.
Original post by Reality Check
It's not going to be an issue at university, but you'd need to refer to the Dress Code and Uniform Policy of the trust/surgery that you're at whilst on a clinical placement. Generally speaking, it's not appropriate for clinical staff to wear any form of jewellery apart from a plain wedding band or single studs in each ear.

oh ok thanks for letting me know. So even a small necklace that is hidden underneath scrubs/shirt are not allowed?
oh ok thanks for letting me know. So even a small necklace that is hidden underneath scrubs/shirt are not allowed?

- what's the current situation regarding this? :ta:
so when doing clinical placements at uni I should take it off right?

Mr RC speaks from experience... are you an ear stud kinda guy? :colone:
so when doing clinical placements at uni I should take it off right?

You shouldn't be attending clinical placements in jewellery (however insignificant), in the same way as you shouldn't wear fabric shoes, trainers or something which can't be completely cleaned, lots of make-up, strong scent etc.

I was going to quote Addenbrookes policy - it's pretty much identical. :smile:
You shouldn't be attending clinical placements in jewellery (however insignificant), in the same way as you shouldn't wear fabric shoes, trainers or something which can't be completely cleaned, lots of make-up, strong scent etc.

I was going to quote Addenbrookes policy - it's pretty much identical. :smile:

sure thanks for the info

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending