The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements and Foundation Diploma

Hi! I’m a Year 13 student doing Art, Psychology and Physics A-Level :smile:

I have applied and received a deferred conditional offer from University of Hertfordshire, with the requirements of 3 A-Level grades of BBB.

I have also confirmed my place at Ravensbourne University London for a Foundation Diploma, starting September 2022, entry requirements expecting a grade C in Art & Design.

I’m about to start my A-Level June 2022 exams and I am worried I will achieve the highest grades of BBD (D being Physics because I struggle in this subject immensely and I know I won’t be able to improve to a B in time).

Will my Foundation Diploma qualification override my D grade and help me meet the entry requirements for University of Hertfordshire for my 2023 entry?
Your foundation diploma can’t count towards your 2022 cycle applications. You’ll be judged on whether you meet offer conditions (or close enough in the opinion of your firm choice) by 31 August 2022. Qualifications you get in your gap year can’t count.

IF you miss the grades and get rejected then you can ask them if it’s worth reapplying while studying a FAD. If you apply in the 2023 cycle then a fad from 2022/23 can be counted towards your application
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Your foundation diploma can’t count towards your 2022 cycle applications. You’ll be judged on whether you meet offer conditions (or close enough in the opinion of your firm choice) by 31 August 2022. Qualifications you get in your gap year can’t count.

IF you miss the grades and get rejected then you can ask them if it’s worth reapplying while studying a FAD. If you apply in the 2023 cycle then a fad from 2022/23 can be counted towards your application

Heya :smile: Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest