The Student Room Group

Medic Mentor WAMS Summer School

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alikstar23
Yes they did. They said in the acceptance email that over 600 applied and only 40 spaces were available then also said for me to fill in a form to confirm my place and give info about contact stuff.

Oh no, I don't think I will get in then :frown:
Original post by Idk131
Oh no, I don't think I will get in then :frown:

Don't worry, honestly. I'm sure there's lots of other free support and opportunities for you. Below are some links for free bursary's that you should be eligible for and they're really helpful!

https://6med.co.uk/bursaries/
https://www.medicmind.co.uk/medic-mind-foundation/
Original post by MedApplicantttt
Don't worry, honestly. I'm sure there's lots of other free support and opportunities for you. Below are some links for free bursary's that you should be eligible for and they're really helpful!

https://6med.co.uk/bursaries/
https://www.medicmind.co.uk/medic-mind-foundation/

thank you for these useful links, have you not heard back from them either?
No not yet :/

It must've been sooo competitive
No not yet :/

It must've been sooo competitive

Yeah, I really wanted to get into the summer school because my sixth form is not supportive with medicine applications and I thought I might actually have a shot at getting medical school offers the first time round :frown:
Original post by Idk131
Yeah, I really wanted to get into the summer school because my sixth form is not supportive with medicine applications and I thought I might actually have a shot at getting medical school offers the first time round :frown:

Don't worry, I would say just make sure your alevel predicted grades are good and start revising for UCAT soon. And then interview. Anything is possible and I wish you every success with your journey! I'm always here if you need anything : )
Did they ask you for a teacher reference? Maybe that’s why you didn’t get the place as lots of people from my school didn’t complete the teacher reference form that was emailed
Don't worry, I would say just make sure your alevel predicted grades are good and start revising for UCAT soon. And then interview. Anything is possible and I wish you every success with your journey! I'm always here if you need anything : )

Thank you so much, I wish you success as well xx
Did they ask you for a teacher reference? Maybe that’s why you didn’t get the place as lots of people from my school didn’t complete the teacher reference form that was emailed

Yes they asked for one and I emailed my teacher to ask if she had completed it after reminding her previously and turns out she didn't get the form. So I got in touch with MM and they resent the form. I told her that the deadline is 5pm of that day when it was 3pm and she said she will complete it but did email me back to say that she had done it. All of this was done last minute even though I tried my best to avoid this from happening, so I am not 100% sure that she completed it on time. Do you think I should email her to ask if she did complete it on time?
I am considering paying for the summer school because I really want to go and I feel like there aren't any better courses/summer schools than this one. What are your thoughts on this?
Original post by Idk131
Yes they asked for one and I emailed my teacher to ask if she had completed it after reminding her previously and turns out she didn't get the form. So I got in touch with MM and they resent the form. I told her that the deadline is 5pm of that day when it was 3pm and she said she will complete it but did email me back to say that she had done it. All of this was done last minute even though I tried my best to avoid this from happening, so I am not 100% sure that she completed it on time. Do you think I should email her to ask if she did complete it on time?

I think it should be fine, did you contact admin to see if they received it from your teacher? To be honest it was so last minute, like they asked us to do find a reference in 3 days.
Original post by Idk131
I am considering paying for the summer school because I really want to go and I feel like there aren't any better courses/summer schools than this one. What are your thoughts on this?

If you feel you can afford it then do it. I know that if you pay for the summer school and don't get into medicine after attending the summer school, you'll be able to attend the summer school again in your gap year for free and they will give you the free support. It totally depends.
Thanks so much for the advice!!!! I feel that my interview skills are awful and I have guaranteed interview for 3 med schools. Any tips as all I can see atm are paid resources
Hi, yes they emailed me on Wednesday saying I got a place!!!

Hi, i also got a place! my interview was on the 9th of may too and I got the email on wednesday : )
Original post by chaeliwol
Hi, i also got a place! my interview was on the 9th of may too and I got the email on wednesday : )

Yayyy! Well done :smile:
That's a good question tbh. I know interviews are the final hurdle and it's going to be one of the most competitive stages and I just feel compared to everyone else, my interview skills are below theirs.
and yes i'm in year 12
Yayyy! Well done :smile:

thank you! and pls don't feel discouraged by not getting in- i know a lot of people who didn't, it was very competitive and it's not at all a reflection of how your medicine application will go! i also think they did people dirty with the interview because they said it would just be a 10 minute chat. i was definitely caught off guard and blanked out so don't feel bad :')
Original post by chaeliwol
thank you! and pls don't feel discouraged by not getting in- i know a lot of people who didn't, it was very competitive and it's not at all a reflection of how your medicine application will go! i also think they did people dirty with the interview because they said it would just be a 10 minute chat. i was definitely caught off guard and blanked out so don't feel bad :')

Thank you so much for this, it made me feel better :smile: and congratss
Update: I got accepted!! I somehow skipped over the acceptance email :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending